• I have never used the editor before.

I use the cursorposition.swf for finding position of hotspots. Its very fast.
    However I needed to position some videos and checked the editor for this.

While it does this perfect the way you can transfer it to your XML is not good.
    When I choose get generated XML I get a non scrollable window which just shows me the first 5%

I found out that I can select all and copy or use the copy to clipboard option but the xml I get is vey weird. While it
    'makes actions and plugins outside the scenes perfect everything inside the scenes is a mess.

It is not formatted at all.
    Here is a short one.

<scene name="scene_11" onstart="box11();">
    <view vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" hlookat="0" fov="90" /><preview url="data/panos/preview/11.jpg" /><image multires="true" tilesize="512" type="CUBE" progressive="false"><level tiledimageheight="4096" tiledimagewidth="4096"><cube url="data/panos/11.tiles/l4_%s_%0v%0h.jpg" /></level><level tiledimageheight="2048" tiledimagewidth="2048"><cube url="data/panos/11.tiles/l3_%s_%0v%0h.jpg" /></level><level tiledimageheight="1024" tiledimagewidth="1024"><cube url="data/panos/11.tiles/l2_%s_%0v%0h.jpg" /></level><level tiledimageheight="512" tiledimagewidth="512"><cube url="data/panos/11.tiles/l1_%s_%0v%0h.jpg" /></level></image><plugin zorder="106" devices="desktop|tablet|iphone" alpha="1" url="data/text/title11.png" align="leftbottom" name="title" keep="false" y="10" visible="true" enabled="true" x="260" onclick="tween(plugin[text-bg2].alpha,1,3);tween(plugin[x].y,420,2);tween(plugin[x].alpha,1,2);tween(plugin[text-bg2].y,65,2);tween(plugin[text-bg].y,0,2);wait(1.5);tween(plugin[text].alpha,1,3);tween(plugin[text].y,0,2);" /><plugin backgroundcolor="0xf3f3f3" zorder="10" devices="desktop|tablet|iphone" width="100%" url="data/plugins/textfield.swf" align="leftbottom" name="text-bg" keep="false" y="-500" height="450" visible="true" enabled="true" alpha="1" /><plugin fixlimits="true" maskchildren="true" zorder="11" devices="desktop|tablet|iphone" width="570" url="data/text/text-bg2.png" align="centerbottom" name="text-bg2" keep="false" y="-500" height="380" visible="true" enabled="true" x="0" alpha="0.2" /><plugin dragY="true" x="0" parent="text-bg2" scroll_height="300" devices="desktop|tablet|iphone" edge="top" keep="false" zorder="12" url="data/text/text11.png" align="top" name="text" alpha="0.9" onloaded="_makeScrollable(get(name));" y="0" dragX="false" children="true" /><plugin zorder="13" devices="all" alpha="1" url="data/images/xred2.png" scale="0.5" align="bottomcenter" name="x" keep="false" y="-50" visible="true" enabled="true" x="220" onclick="tween(plugin[text2].alpha,0,2);tween(plugin[text].alpha,0,2);wait(2);tween(plugin[text].y,-500,2);tween(plugin[text2].y,-500,5);tween(plugin[text-bg2].y,-500,3);tween(plugin[x].alpha,0,1);tween(plugin[x].y,-100,3);tween(plugin[text-bg].y,-500,3);" /><plugin y="-5" url="data/skin/info1.png" scale="0.6" align="rightbottom" name="titleinfo" alpha="0.8" zorder="22" devices="mobile+android" x="230" keep="false" onclick="if(isandroid, _window_new2(win2,460,300,text2);, _window_new2(win2,580,450,text2););set(plugin[text2].visible,true);set(plugin[text2].visible,true);set(plugin[text2].scale,1);tween(plugin[text2].alpha,1,3);tween(plugin[text2].y,-2,3);" /><plugin zorder="12" devices="mobile+android" alpha="0.2" url="data/text/text11a.png" scale="1" align="lefttop" name="text2" keep="false" y="0" visible="false" fixlimits="true" x="0" /><hotspot style="hotspot_grey1" ath="-151" name="tex1" atv="6" onclick="tween(plugin[tex1b].x,10,2);" /><plugin zorder="2" devices="all" alpha="1" url="data/spots11/t1.png" scale="1" align="topright" name="tex1b" keep="false" y="40" visible="true" enabled="true" x="-500" onclick="tween(plugin[tex1b].x,-500,2);" /><hotspot url="data/hotspots/arrow12s.png" ath="-99" scale="0.45" name="spot1" zoom="false" distorted="true" rz="5.0" rx="0.0" atv="28" ry="0.0" onclick="lookto(-99,0,50, smooth(50,50,50)); loadscene('scene_12',null,MERGE,BLEND(3));" /><hotspot url="data/hotspots/arrow10s.png" ath="85" scale="0.45" name="spot2" zoom="false" distorted="true" rz="0" rx="0.0" atv="28" ry="0.0" onclick="lookto(85,0,50, smooth(50,50,50)); loadscene('scene_10',null,MERGE,BLEND(3));" />
    </scene>

'
    The editor could be a perfect tool for editing your hotspots if you could select and copy the xml for each plugin separately.

And the scenes really needs to be formatted so that it is readable.

Hans

• After struggling with putting videos in place I found that the editor does not work at all for that.
    Even if you can manipulate it to fit in place the xml you get when generating it does not include any changes at all.

This plugin is worthless.

I simply do not understand why not someone has made a simple plugin like the cursorposition.swf but with posibillity to turn hotspots and get the position shown the same way on the screen.
    There is no need to even copy XML. Just show it readable so that I can write done the position in my XML by hand.

Just give me the rX-rY-rZ and the ATH ATV

Old FPP users know what I mean.

I would be happy to pay 50 EURO for such a plugin. It would save hours.

Who actually made the cursorposition.swf. It is not in the plugin list. I got it several years ago from someone in the forum.

Hans

• I finally figured out what the editor is doing.

The scenes are not updated at all but as I said you get them unformatted in one line.
    However it seems that all plugins are generated again below the scenes. You even get standard code for the thumbs made by the Make VR Tour.

Plus a lot of unusable codes for ex flare which you do not have at all in your own code.
    And lots of empty parameters which you do not have and do not need.
    I begin to understand why I see so many xml from other people which has this empty codes.

As far as I know they should be avoided as they may give error on iPad.

The code for the plugin I have changed is however not at the bottom but it looks like all the plugins from this scene are moved to the bottom.
    I have not found any instructions about the editor explaining all this.

Editing placements for hotspots especially distorted hotspots is the most time consuming part in a virtual tour and in my opinion the only thing you need a sort of Gui or tool for.

The editor in FPP is a very easy tool for it and it is actually all you need. I do not understand that this has not been discussed before.
    When you copy the xml in the FPP editor you just copy the plugin you have choosed and edited.
    Thats how it should be.

I have not used FPP for 2 years now and I had to open a project and check how it worked .

Hans

• The editor in FPP is a very easy tool for it and it is actually all you need. I do not understand that this has not been discussed before.

I miss the FPP editor in Krpano.
    This is one of the reasons that make me choice FPP over Krpano some years ago.
    This is what i mean a real good editor!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!