kcube2sphere seam/stitching improvement parameter?

• Hello everyone,
    I have been trolling the forums and have read over about every XML document on Krpano.com and haven't found anyone discussing this.

My team has used the Ktransform option for Kcube2sphere using command prompt to (successfully) create a panorama strip that our Virtual Tour player will recognize.

Does anyone know of a parameter that will allow me to tweak how much overlap there is for each cube side image as one would do manually using PTGUI or Pano2VR type programs.

The pano strips I've been able to produce are exactly what we need to automatically translate thousands of a Partner's cube strips to spherical strips - however the outcomes produce severe seams when stitching.
    Anyone have any ideas I should look for?

Thank you very much,

Weston
    ICE Portal, inc

Edited once, last by ICEportal (April 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM).

• Thank you for the reply Klaus. We are big fans of your tools and much appreciate your efforts.

The search for an overlap param is a speculation mostly - we were thinking that if there was more overlap or blending between each side of the images as they are being stitched then the outcome may produce less evident seams.

We have quite a bit of experience with stitching panos into spherical strips, since our virtual tour player uses them. Unfortunately we have had to adapt on the fly to learn how to convert cubes.

Do you have any advice on lessening how evident the seams are? I tend to notice them most jagged on the tops and bottom sides. Or do you usually consider this an "it is what it is" scenario?

Thanks again,
    Weston

• Hi,

which seams do you mean?
    and what are 'spherical strips'?
    and why 'stitching'?

I see you are using the FPP viewer with partial spherical images on your site, but I don't understand the questions related to the kcube2sphere tool and seams or stitching...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!