Resolution dependent sharpening

• I have bought krpano because after long investigation I came to the conclusion that it delivers the best image quality (aside from deval) among pano viewers.

The HIGHSHARP option provides possibility to control image quality what is usually not available in other pano viewers. Very much welcomed feature. The comparison of original jpg image and the image displayed with krpano shows ony sligt degradation of image quality, mainly due to desaturation and loss of sharpness. Therefore sharpening option may do good job to increase image quality.

However my tests show that for low resolution images the HIGHSHARP option gives highly oversharpened images with ugly artifacts and is hardly usable. I usually publish 360 ° cyindric images of 1024px height. Even 3000px height, results in too oversharpened image. In summary, HIGHSHARP results in oversharpened image, HIGH gives not enough sharp image.

The ideal solution would be to apply USM with radius and amount that are dependent on image resolution. Or at least providing more control over sharpening amount would be very much appreciated. Instead of giving 3 sharpening parameters, a range, e.g 0-100 would be a good solution. It could be assgned 0=LOW and 100=HIGHSHARP. The values in between would allow fine tuning according to the needs of the user.

Could you please consider the extension of the sharpening feature.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!