altath and altatv for iphone

• Hi Klaus,

I would love to see something like "altath" and "altatv" for the iphone, just like the alturl-tag! I know that I could set them with "onloaded="if(isphone,set(ath......."", but in most cases I use a style for all hotspots and the onloaded-tag is already set within the style. And I don´t want every hotspot to be set with a different ath/atv.

It would be great if this become possible *smile*

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Nupsi

• Can you just stack hotspots?

Code
    <hotspot ath="0" atv="0" devices="flash" />
    <hotspot ath="0" atv="10" devices="ipad" />

or have a

Code
    <include url="hotspots_ipad.xml" devices="ipad" />

If you give hotspots the same name, they get merged, where the later overwrite the first.

Code
    <hotspot name="test" ath="0" atv="0" custom="2" onclick="give_cookie() "/>
    <hotspot name="test" ath="10" atv="10" devices="ipad" />
    ---> on ipad it would become:
    <hotspot name="test" ath="10" atv="10" custom="2" onclick="give_cookie() "/>

I dont really like the whole alt tagging. Its understandable when you have 2 different interfaces like HTML5 needs js plugins and the rest needs flash plugins. But defining alot of alts makes stuff confusing. What if in 2 years flash is gone. Does flash become the alt(ernative) ? or suddenly silverlight makes a comeback :P

• Hi,

I agree here with Zephyr - adding also an 'alt' setting for each normal setting wouldn't be a good idea!

The current available solution with the xml devices is technically and from performance-perspective the best solution - with it the devices specific settings will be already filtered at xml-loading-stage and not later and slower by actions.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I agree with both of you! I´m no fan of the alt-settings myself. Setting up another hotspot with the device-tag was my first idea too, but I need the hotspots to use styles and I don´t want to add all hotspots twice for each device, what makes it a little difficult. Because just one of ten hotspots needs a different ath-value.

The stacking seems pretty interesting though! The way I understand it is that if the device is NOT a phone, the second hotspot never gets created and if it is a phone, then the first one gets overwritten?! If that´s correct, you´re nothing less than a genious, Zephyr *g*

Br
    Nupsi

• hehe...that´s pretty easy to answer, Sacha *g* If I set a few hotspots close together in the flash-tour, they overlap on the iphone. And if I set them far enough on the iphone, they are too far away from each other in the flash tour. Could be easely solved reducing the hotspot-size a little for idevices, but then they are too small for my customer. The only thing to solve this, are slightly different ath-values *wacko*

Best regards
    Nupsi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!