Feeding Text from External Source

• Is it possible to link the text field to an external text feed?
    I have a customer interested in using the tour with signage on 3 kiosks throughout a building and they asked if it was possible to populate the text field in such a way. At this time, I don't have any specifics so I'm just dipping my toe in the pool to check the temperature so to speak.

Currently, I'm thinking the best solution is to provide an <include> for a separate text.xml sheet, but I'm not sure exactly how signage systems work either. I recall them mentioning something maybe about .csv possibly but I'm just not sure yet.
    Tony

• You have it. Use an include or build the entire XML dynamically.

I was looking at the text demo on the krpano website:
    http://www.krpano.com/examples/textfield/

If you open the textfield, then on the right links "open second field"... a new text opens up with the header 'Hello from ExternalData.html."

Is it possible to load data from an external .html file? If so.... how? Itried a few configurations but just ended up with an empty field (no text).

Tony

• Was not external. Was in a data tag.
    Why would you not use an include?

I was looking at the text demo on the krpano website:
    http://www.krpano.com/examples/textfield/

If you open the textfield, then on the right links "open second field"... a new text opens up with the header 'Hello from ExternalData.html."

Is it possible to load data from an external .html file? If so.... how? Itried a few configurations but just ended up with an empty field (no text).

Tony

• I am just looking at, or trying to get a feel for, all available options for "feeding" content into the data/text for use in the tour. Similar to an RSS feed where content is changed in one place and updated in another/others automatically. I just don't know what the full capabilities or limitations are of krpano for this typee of situation. Or if there are options other than a specifically dedicated XML file.
    I am currently using a dedicated XML file for content on this project demo because there are multiple locations in the tour, each with their own description, and sharing a common css format. It is easier to manage the content separately rather than have it tied to the main.xml of the tour.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!