You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Anoril

Trainee

• "Anoril" started this thread

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 10:56am

HDR display

hi all,

New to the forum, I hope not to write in the wrong topic...

I'm used in shooting HDR images, and the only way I know to display them on a web site is to use the PTViewer...

I'm ready to use KRPano but I want to be sure I can keep this fantastic feature that HDR is.

Someone can tell me more about KRPano and HDR?

Regards,
« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur »
Pentax stuff.

VN2009

Professional

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 3:28pm

krpano displays what ever you put in front of it. the stitching program or photomatix should handle the hdr aspect of the imaging. all that should be done before krpano even comes into the mix. but yes it will display an HDR image.

Anoril

Trainee

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 3:55pm

Hum, sounds good!

That means that if in the XML I set the pano file to be a .fjpg or a .hdr, it will works?
Take care, I'm not talking about tone mapped (or blended) HDR but true "dynamic" HDR file that contains all the exposure data of a shot, from pitch black to burned white... Take a look at PTViewer sample of dynamic HDR viewing here : http://www.hdrsoft.com/resources/ptviewer3/

Regards,
Pentax stuff.

VN2009

Professional

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 6:37pm

i dont think i can recognize them file extensions. i convery my .hdr into 8bit tiff's then chop it up for use in krpano soom i think we can use 16bit tiffs but not yet. i am pretty sure it cannot recognize .hdr nativly. might be something to add to the future request forum.

Anoril

Trainee

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 6:51pm

Okay, fine! I have then a new feature request ;)

Regards,
Pentax stuff.

Graydon

Professional

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 1:15am

SPiV had a capability like this. It was interesting and made for some interesting possibilities.

Shanti

Intermediate

Thursday, May 21st 2009, 7:57am

Krpano does not handle .hdr files, but it would be very nice if it would... I remember seeing some panoramas in HDR using ptviewer3 those were really cool :)

Monday, June 8th 2009, 1:34pm

floating point hdr

definitely it would be a great idea to implement the dynamic range view in the player! One of the last things that ptviewer is still way ahead... besides the ultimative smooth rotation...

Monday, June 15th 2009, 10:50am

i would be really interested too :)
Pro website : www.bziegler.com
Blog : blog.bziegler.com

Friday, June 19th 2009, 6:07pm

i would be really interested too :)
me too!

Theo

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 11:37am

RE: floating point hdr

Quoted

floating point hdr
Hi,

this would be a problem in Flash!
because for "decoding" and "rendering" image files by "hand" Flash is too slow,
only the formats that were provided from Flash can be used (jpg, png, ...)

I think the only way to "simulate" HDR in Flash would be to use two or more different exposed images and blend dynamically between them...

best regards,
Klaus

Monday, June 22nd 2009, 1:00pm

RE: RE: floating point hdr

I think the only way to "simulate" HDR in Flash would be to use two or more different exposed images and blend dynamically between them...
This would be the same behaviour as a Spi-V Viewer (Shockwave) "ADR" . I have some experience with that and i love it.

The big problem with ADR in Spi-V: You have to load all the two or three different exposed panorama images simultaneously in the ram of the video card. Because of this it is just not possible to work with high-resolution files... ;-(

Would this problem be the same in Flash?

Theo

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 11:00am

The big problem with ADR in Spi-V: You have to load all the two or three different exposed panorama images simultaneously in the ram of the video card. Because of this it is just not possible to work with high-resolution files... ;-(

Would this problem be the same in Flash?
in Flash the normal RAM is used,
it should be possible to manage that dynamically like the tiled multiresolution panos,
but that's definitely a feature for the future

best regards,
Klaus

Anoril

Trainee

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 3:48pm

Hi all!

I'm happy to see such an interest from people (^_^)

By the way, I understand the Flash issue with floating point files, aside of the problem of selecting the ocrrect exposusre which is more like parsing every pixel of the displayed image... Very slow :p

Having small parts of image and selecting them is the same problem, I guess... We will see in the future :)
Pentax stuff.