[SOLVED] iBook pano.wdgt not going fullscreen on iPad

• Hi,

as i don't have the money for panoTour and his "export iBook widget" feature,
    i build my custom one, but have a problem when testing on ipad 3

the widget itself works fine, but when tap/click on picture to launch pano,
    it's not going fullscreen : actually, the pano fill the screen width but the height is not full screen,
    then i think this is just a syntax pb that i cannot pinpoint

in the pano.wdgt folder,
    there the index.html and the info.plist

i think html can be simplified and swf discarded

info.plist : i've tried to change width and height as 2048x1536, but height still not fullscreen, and when width set to 1024px : on ipad3 it's 2048px displayed (full width)

i think it's just html syntax pb, any idea ?

(by the way, i'm using iBook Author 1.1 to integrate the pano in book)

Thanks

z

Edited 2 times, last by zadda (April 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM).

• well,

after reading this :

ibook
    http://blogs.remobjects.com/blogs/jim/2012/02/21/p3918

i got the answer - this is plain weird *thumbdown*

The Default.png file serves two very important purpose. The first being that it is the “in page” preview of your widget when it is not active, the second that it defines the size and aspect ratio of your widget when displayed in active mode.

So, iPad 2 and 3 are (4:3) ratio aspect screen with 1024x768 and 2048x1536 pxl,
    if you want fullfill the screen with your pano, your default.png must be 4:3 too !

so you cannot display an equirectangular image of your pano and get the fullscreen because the default.png will be 2:1 ratio ! *cursing*

obviously, i find a work-around to display an equi and get the fullscreen, as the default img is png ;
    you have to enlarge your image canvas with transparency to get the 4:3 ratio, but in this case you will not be able to use the built-in borders in iBooks Authors ,
    so use photoshop too to add borders,shadows and so on...

by the way, i locked my book to landscape orientation in iBook author.

so, nothing to change in my .plist file and .html as i was thinking first...

z

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!