Looking for an Application /Code to Run Tours & Stills Slideshow on a DVD

• I've only seen one conversation on here regarding creating tours that run on a DVD however the person was only looking for someone to show them how to encrypt the DVD so I'm guessing he made it work somehow. What I'm looking for is an application or some code that I can modify maybe even reskin the pano viewer to look similar to what my current online viewer looks like except run it on a DVD. Here's my current viewer http://www.gyvdemo.com

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for looking!

• KProtect makes these standalone flash applications. It came with the krpano software.

Unless you mean something you can put into a DVD player and have it play.
    In this case you should know...
    A DVD plays video.
    Krpano virtual tours are interactive computer applications.

Sorry, but I am not assuming anything in regards to your level of computer knowledge.

• Ok it's been a long time since my original post and now I have another client asking me if I can put some tours and stills on a disc for him and have it automatically open up on his pc/mac where he can control the tours and switch between different nodes. If there's an out of the box software that can create this in an ISO file that would be a exactly what I'm looking for otherwise I'm open to any and all suggestions.

• For one client I did that. It was automatically started when disc inserted.
    Only thing that was strange is that loading from disc is not so fast especially when many small tiles are to be loaded.
    (I didn't encrypt any file but that wouldn't be problematic if needed)

In general it was very simple (read the same) structure you would have on your HDD, with some autoloading tool.

• I recall that I have tested several programs at that time and found that winopen was the best. It was affordware I used for that project. As I was doing it voluntarily for the university in my town I didn't purchase the licence.
    Search their pages for details. I used the following syntax:
    create autorun.inf file in root with following content:

[autorun]
    open=winopen \start.html

start.html also in the root with regular content like normal panorama html file with references to js, swf and xml.

In my case (don't know why) I embedded xml in swf (as I don't see it in the root)
    All other folders are also there with their content.

Was this enough or you need more detailed tutorial.

P.S. It was tested/used at that time on XP laptop that was used to present the tour. I personally have autorun disabled on all my PCs so test it on machine where you have autorun enabled for sure ;)

• Umalo:

If my back wasn't so far up against the wall I would possibly take a chance on figuring winopen out on my own however that's not the case so if you could please be kind enough to offer up a detail walkthrough on that I would greatly appreciate it (I'm sure many other would as well). Thank you very much!

• Easiest your be for you to download my example and adapt the files depending on what structure your project is:
    link

Copy winopen.exe and autorun.inf in same folder where your html file is. This should be root level of your future CD/DVD
    Open autorun.inf in editor and adapt the name of html file to start to match to your starting html file.

Burn content on CD and try if it works. (be sure that OS is not setup or by default blocking autorun from CD/DVD)
    Maybe you can test with your USB stick too (think that on Win7 autorun from stick was by default disabled due to security reasons)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!