showerrors false not respected for image download failures.

• I have showerrors false but it not respected in all cases..
    but this happens in safari ipad, where you click another link while the panorama is loading.. and it will throw the console window anyway because the resource connection was terminated with a download error.
    Of course, you need windowed (non 100% ) viewers to be able to click html links and cache disabled.

• No thats what i mean.
    Check out my website with an ipad "or safari desktop, user agent ipad, disabled cache" and click a link before the small tour loads. It'll throw an error on a file right before the page changes.
    showerrors definitely traces true, perhaps it begins downloading resources before completely parsing the xml?
    Also logkey='false' is not respected for desktop html safari "0" key still works.. not really a big deal until desktop html becomes preferred.

• My web connection might be too fast... when I click any link then the current page is immediately away...

What your were describing might be possible when Safari breaks the loading during loading the xml file - then the viewer sees that as xml loading error (there is no way to detect if the loading has really failed or if Safari has just stopped it) and will show a fatal error about the xml loading.

Do you mean this situation?
    The showerrors settings doesn't effect this because of two things - the xml itself isn't loaded in this case and so the showerrors setting not set - and a failed xml loading always causes a 'fatal error', which always shows the error message.

A solution here is difficult and the Safari browser itself is also a part of the problem - it stops the loading of the files, but keeps the Javascript running and for the Javascript itself there seems to be no way to detect if the loading has really failed or if Safari has just stopped loading...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• No the error is on any file I think.
    One will be usually gyro.js Fatal error loading failed.
    Or Parsing error when the xml isn't fully loaded. I guess this can not be controlled, unless the JS version can read one of the embed parameters to ignore output for Fatal Errors.
    It's a pretty minor annoyance to see Fatal Error.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!