Fullscreen Button on IPhone / IPad. Use it, or not?

• Hi all together

After a long time I need to get active with KRPano again. A customer wants to display his panoramas in Flash, Iphone and IPad. The KRPano tools generated the right code, but I needed to display a Fullscreen Button for the Flash type of displaying the panorama. Now the customer asked how the Fullscreen button functions on Iphone and IPad. I read a lot about the fullscreen possibility, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to function on the Iphone and Ipad. Did I missed something here? IF Fullscreen doesn't function on the Ipad and IPhone, I would like to hide the Fullscreen button if displayed for Iphone and Ipad.

I hope somebody allready gattered experience with this issue and can help me to solve this "problem"? Is there a Code to "read" on which device the panorama is displayed and can hide the fullscreen button on Iphone/Ipad?

Thanks in Advance!
    Rienus van Hees

• Hi RInus,

the best thing to do is, i think: make a plugin, your fullscreen button, and set devices to desktop.

just add this code to the ouput of the droplet. Make sure the path to the button is correct and that that is also there.

example for 2 buttons enter and exit fullscreen:

Code
    <plugin name="btn_fullscreen" url="../skin/btn_fullscreen.png" devices="desktop"  keep="true" visible="true" align="bottom" x="-110" y="6"  zorder="100"  onclick="set(visible,false);set(plugin[btn_fullscreen_close].visible,true);switch(fullscreen);" children="false"/>
    <plugin name="btn_fullscreen_close" url="../skin/btn_fullscreen_close.png" devices="desktop" visible="false"  keep="true" align="bottom" x="-110" y="6"  zorder="100"  onclick="set(visible,false);set(plugin[btn_fullscreen].visible,true);switch(fullscreen)" children="false"/>

and also this for when the user uses the rightmouseclick to go fullscreen:

on iphone it goes 'fullscreen' automaticaly.. just a small bar at the top and bottom.
    on ipad it will be as it is, as far as i know. Advice to put the link in the 'startscreen' to get real fullscreen.

Hope this helps
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Fullscreen on iPad only works if your pano does not fill the window. For example if you want to have also texts on the html page and you reduce the height of the pano to 60% the standard fullscreen action will make the pano fill out the full window below the Safari menus.

Remember that android uses flash also so if you want real fullscreen on Android using the devices settings you have to ad android like this.
    'devices="desktop|android"

Hans

• don't forget this:

when i now go fullscreen by right mouse click the button doesn't change along.. *wink*

Cheers
    Tuur *thumbsup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!