Problem with Mac OS 10.4 on MacMini?

• A customer reported today that a recent pano won't start on a MacMini running OS 10.4

Could that be possible or is it an incompatible Flash-version or what else could be the cause?
    I am waiting to get more technical details from them. (RAM, Flash version, Browser).

Thanks
    Jürgen

• Hi Jürgen

Do you have a link.
    I have both a Macbook 17 and my old G5 available for testing with 10.4.11

I have Flash 10.0.22.87 on the G5 and 10.1.53.38 on MacBook

All my KRpano tours works fine on them.

I can see there is a newer flash version 10.3 av available.

Hans

• I need to be more precise, (thank you, Hans) *thumbsup* .

I had built a self contained and self running Mac App using the krprotect tool, and Hans suggested that probably the projector file if built with the latest Flash version which is not downward compatible with older versions. Hans said Mac OS 10.4 could only run Flash players up to 10.3.

So what's the best way to check which versions are used where and how to build a version hat would run with Flash 10?

Please correct me, if I'm entirely wrong, I only have slightly more knowledge of these things then my customer has (which is pretty close to zero) *squint*

• Hi,

Hans said Mac OS 10.4 could only run Flash players up to 10.3.

In the current 1.0.8.14 krpano tools version the Flashplayer 11 will be used when createing the standalone projector - so, this will be the problem here.

As solution you could:

• Either use the kprotect tool from version 1.0.8.12, there the Flashplayer 10.1 is used.
    • Or:

1. Download here the latest standalone Flashplayer (10.3?) for Mac OS 10.4.
      2. Build the Standalone Mac app with the latest krpano protect tool.
      3. A mac '.app' file is a folder in real - open that folder and browse it for the movie.swf (typically at 'Contents/Resources/'). When found copy it into the .app folder from the standalone Flashplayer - in the same subfolder of course! Then that standalone Flashplayer will run automatically that swf.

So what's the best way to check which versions are used

In the krpano log the Flashplayer version will be shown.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!