You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 1st 2012, 3:55am

Rendering Incomplete Spherical Panoramas

Hi,

I have a 360-degree panorama that is less than 180 degrees tall. You can see the original here. I am not sure what my options are when I use makemultires. My intuition is to say that it is a spherical shot because it is - it was shot with a gigapan imager and is made from multiple rows. However, when I chose spherical the results were not what I expected - the horizon is curved upwards. The documentation suggests that I can set the vertical viewing direction so I tried setting vlookat to +20 to counteract the curved horizon. That didn't work - indeed it seemed to have no effect at all, irrespective of what value I gave for vlookat.

This made me think that I should have said that the image was a cylindrical one, so I tried that but the results seemed to be exactly the same.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get a straight horizon please?

Thanks,

Aeris.

Friday, June 1st 2012, 9:21am

Instead of 'vlookat' in your 'view' node, use 'voffset' in your 'image' node.

Friday, June 1st 2012, 10:57am

Excellent! Thank you.