Large tiles possible if leaving out top and bottom?

• Hi there,

I'm developing a tour that has an object pano it. I want that in as large as possible a resolution to show on HTML5 too, so I'll just chuck all my image frames into PTGui and spit out an equirectangular file that equally spaces the images along the horizon. I then convert to cube face and then simply limit the field of view to the resulting width of one frame (360 / num_frames). Together with a mod of the default object pano template this works really well. Except for the resolution -- the more frames I have, the smaller the resolution of course.

Now, with this technique, however, I don't need the top and bottom cube face, so I just leave these two "useless" cube faces out (and tell KRpano not to complain by using showerrors="false"), but does that mean I can acutally safely use larger cube faces for the remaining 4 assuming that no memory is used for the missing top and bottom faces, or is that not the case?

What's your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Florian

• Hi,

Now, with this technique, however, I don't need the top and bottom cube face, so I just leave these two "useless" cube faces out (and tell KRpano not to complain by using showerrors="false"), but does that mean I can acutally safely use larger cube faces for the remaining 4 assuming that no memory is used for the missing top and bottom faces, or is that not the case?

when you additionally also use <display html5rendermode="2" /> - yes, then it might work (but that needs to be tested on real devices of course..)

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!