Setting devices settings for mobile and tablets.

• With all the new devices settings and the many different devices I would like to make the MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet create the settings automatically.

Is this possible.

I can see that the # xmltemplate_scene.xml has these possibilities but I can not see that I can do what I want.

# - template for the <scene> tag
    # - there these placeholders are possible:
    # [NAME] - name of the pano
    # [BASENAME] - basename of the pano
    # [PREVIEW] - place for the preview tag
    # [THUMB] - place for a optionally [ thumburl="..."] settings
    # [DEVICE] - place for a [ device="flash"] setting (will be defined for non-cube pano images)
    # [IMAGE] - place for the image tag
    # [HOTSPOTS] - place for the "xmltemplate_hotspot" file

I want to have this automatically created.

<mobile devices="ipad|iphone" >
    <cube url="panos/01.tiles/mobile_%s.jpg" />
    </mobile>

<tablet devices="ipad+Retina|android" >
    <cube url="panos/01.tiles/tablet_%s.jpg" />
    </tablet>

Hans

• You can not make those settings in the skin.

It needs to be in all scene tags.

Another possibility would be that we get an additional setting like the <display usedesktopimages="true" >

Something like
    <display usemobileimages="true" devices="ipad|iphone" >
    and
    <display usetabletimages="true" devices="ipad+Retina|android" >

Actually if you also want to support the old iPhone3 you may need to produce 2 sets of mobile images.
    <mobile1> and <mobile2>

I do not have one and I m not sure it can load 1024 pixels cubefaces.

Hans

• Hi,

Something like
    <display usemobileimages="true" devices="ipad|iphone" >
    and
    <display usetabletimages="true" devices="ipad+Retina|android" >

hmm, a good idea, I will think about it... but I will also think about a more universal solution without <mobile> and <tablet> images...

Actually if you also want to support the old iPhone3 you may need to produce 2 sets of mobile images.
    <mobile1> and <mobile2>

I do not have one and I m not sure it can load 1024 pixels cubefaces.

I agree, this is want I also want to target with a more universal solution, maybe the use of custom defined <level> sizes and then viewer will take the best available for the current device...

Btw - yes, the iPhone 3G and the older iPod Touch devices can load the 1024px tablet images, krpano will downscale them in this case to a max. size of 600x600 for stable viewing. The only problem in this case + the loading and downscaling takes longer and can be a bit more unstable than directly loading smaller images. I don't know how relevant/important are iPhone 3/3G and iPod touch 1-3 devices today anymore, maybe it would already okay to have a longer loading time there...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!