Multitouch zoom for Android and Windows 7 devices

• I have added a new swf plugin to the fov_plugins package that enables multitouch ("pinch") zooming on Windows 7 and Android based devices supporting multitouch. Just include the plugin in your xml, and multitouch zoom starts working magically on supported devices.

Quoting Klaus from a different thread:

Hi,
    the reason for this is still the Android Flashplayer itself - it still doesn't support Multi-Touch events with more than 1 finger,
    krpano itself can't change that,

I found that while it is true that the Flashplayer (and Air) for Android does not report multitouch gestures, it is possible to capture each individual touchpoint. So instead of relying on the zoom-gesture, my plugin tracks touch points and calculates the pinch "scale" when two or more fingers are used.

I have tested the plugin on both an Android device (Android 2.3.6, Flash Player 11) and a Windows 7 touch-enabled TabletPC. It probably also works on multitouch touchpads on the Mac.

The multitouch.swf file and its sources are available as part of the krpano_fovplugins package on github.

Enjoy

Edited 2 times, last by ahoeben (June 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM).

• hai ahoeben,

when i download the collection from github then the example.html's don't show anything.
    i'll have a look why but maybe good to know.

Cheers
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Updating the pages on github didn't go very smoothly, so you might have seen me fumble.

The example is intentionally left at a preview-grid. All that is exciting about the example is that pinching works on multitouch devices. If you don't have either a multitouch display attached to a Windows 7 computer, or an Android devices which supports Flash, there's nothing here to see.

• Somewhere between testing and cleaning up the plugin, I must have broken something on the Android side of things.
    I'll be right back.

Update: Hmm... bad news. I had been testing the plugin inside an AIR app, and it works great. However, it seems that the Flash Player inside the Android browser does not report multiple touchpoints. So the plugin will not work in the browser at this point *sad*

Edited once, last by ahoeben (June 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM).

• hi ahoeben,

many tx for your great fieldOfView Plugins!

I had been testing your "multitouch" plugin in Windows8 and IE10, in a multitouch screen, and i'm happy to tell you that it work great;
    but., i use a template with "bingmaps plugin" and when i try to pinch in the map area, the zoom work in the
    "panorama image" back layer, and not in the map layer instead;

now, i don't know if you can help me,,but i would like to have suggestions in the possibility to
    zoom the map with pinch multigesture
    ?

thank you very much
    Marco

sorry for english:)

• Hi Klaus,
    tx for your note;

The mutitouch plugin is created more specifically for "pano area" or would be work in the "map area" (bing map plugin) too?
    any suggestions?

tx
    marco

Edited once, last by Marcot (June 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM).

• hi Klaus,
    I had been testing "bingmaps plugin" in Windows8 in different browser, in a
    multitouch screen (krpano 1.16):

-the pinch map ( 1 point touch) work great
    -the zoom map (2 point multitouch) do not work

any solution?

thank you very much

Marco

• I've used an HTML5 index file!

HTML: no pinch, no zoom
    HTML5: pinch work, zoom not work

may be it can be a bug due to the use of "multitouch.swf" plugin;
    i need to test witouth this plugin.

tx
    Marco

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!