limitview problem

• I want to set the limitview for my first scene like this.
    limitview ="range" hlookatmin="-90" hlookatmax="90" vlookatmin="75" vlookatmax="-68"

on all the other scenes I just want to set it for making possible to look over the zenith like this
    limitview="range" vlookatmin="90" vlookatmax="-100"

However it turns out that the first scene limits affects all scenes . Also if I remove the limitview="range" vlookatmin="90" vlookatmax="-100" from those scenes.

This does not make sense at all.

Hans

• Ok I found out. It seems you have to set the hlookatmin,max to 180 on all the scenes which you do not want to limit.

The documentaion says this; I think that is misleading.
    Notes to "range", "fullrange" and "offrange":
    when the "hlookatmin", "hlookatmax", "vlookatmin", "vlookatmax" values were not set, they will be automatically calculated from the size of the pano image.

Hans

• Hans, I'm not sure sure about your findings, but the whole view limiting verses the documentation does seem to be off in some way. I've been doing a very large series of limited views (almost 50 sets) and have had to use on a few sets values greater than +-180 which according to the current documentation is wrong, but it works.

Klaus provided some quick support with a useful graphic here. But has yet to respond to me why numbers greater than -+180 seem to work.

https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…95c1984607e85cc

Regards,

Robert

• As you can see from above the problem is that if you use the full limitview settings like this on the first scene.
    limitview ="range" hlookatmin="-90" hlookatmax="90" vlookatmin="75" vlookatmax="-68"

it will be inherited to all scenes with both hlookat and vlookat even if you use this in the next scenes.
    limitview="range" vlookatmin="90" vlookatmax="-100"

the changed vlookatmin="90" vlookatmax="-100" is simply ignored.

That does not make sense.

Hans

• I made an extra xml to test it.
    http://virtualdenmark.dk/dnm/audienssal…ama/limits.html

As you can see the initial pano has both horizontal and vertical limits.
    If you load number 2 everything works. It has has also horizontal and vertical limits but with different values and the horizontal is set to + - 180

But if you load No 3 pano first you can see that the limits are the same as the initial pano even if I have these settings in the scene.
    <view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="90" maxpixelzoom="1.0" fovmin="60" fovmax="120" limitview="range" vlookatmin="90" vlookatmax="-100" />

Hans

• Hi,

thanks!

Right, it's a bug/issue in the Flash viewer - when using the MERGE flag, the new viewing limits will be merged with the older ones, that means the old limits kept set when they were not overwritten in the new pano.

But I agree that the viewing limits should be always reset, even with MERGE flag - each pano should define it's own viewing limits.

In the next release the viewing limits will be always set back to default when loading a new pano.
    The 1.0.8.15 HTML5 viewer already works that way.

As workaround for the current version always all limiting values (hlookatmin,hlookatmax, vlookatmin, vlookatmax) for each pano. Either set hlookatmin=-180 hlookatmax=+180 or hlookatmin=NaN hlookatmax=NaN to disable the horizontal limitation.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!