kmakemultires linux bugs

• I'm encountering the following two problems with kmakemultires on linux:

• The "tilepath" directive does not seem to be properly interpreted; the tool tries to create the tile files at the exact path specified, instead of adding a tile filename to the path. Since the tilepath has often already been created as a folder, this means the tool fails. If a filepath is specified instead of a folderpath, the tool succesfully creates tiles but since the name is not unique each tile is overwritten by the next.
    • The "tempdir" directive seems to be ignored; temp files are always created in the inputdir.

I have tried the 10.0.8.12 and 10.0.8.14 64 bits builds.

• Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand right, but the tilepath should always also contain placeholders for the filename,
    e.g. this is the default tilepath setting:

Code
    tilepath=%INPUTPATH%/%BASENAME%.tiles/l%Al[_c]_%Av_%Ah.jpg

and when this is the case each filename would be unique and no file gets overwritten...

The 'tempdir' is currently only used for the internal memory manager when it needs to swap out memory to disk, but I think you are referring to the temporary cubical images - and I agree it should be used for them too - but by using the 'tempcubename' setting it would be also possible to move them to a custom temporary folder.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,
    the tilepath should always also contain placeholders for the filename,

Code
    tilepath=%INPUTPATH%/%BASENAME%.tiles/l%Al[_c]_%Av_%Ah.jpg

Hey, sorry about that. I must have been using an old config file (the latest krpanotools for linux does not come with one), and the documentation page didn't mention the placeholders either:
    https://krpano.com/tools/kmakemultires/

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!