Current prerelease, cube edges off on iPad3

• Using the 1414 cube face size and display render mode 2 it seems the cubes faces bottom to 4 sides especially, do not quite align on a iPad3. The same 360 seems to be fine on a iPad2 - this is all in GoodReader. Have not checked this in Safari.

• Why do you use rendermode 2

It is not necessary on iPad 3 and actually I found that also iPad 1 works fine with them as it automatically down samples them ( with IOS 5.1)
    I just done a tour which was supposed to use 1024 for iPad1+2 and 1414 for iPad 3 but I forgot to ad the device settings so until now it uses 1414 for all.
    Rendermode 2 does not work with iPad 1 and 2 if you have hotspots and it will even affect the smoothness on iPad 3 if you have hotspots in the pano.

Hans

• I've tested it on iPad 2 and 3, render mode 2 seems to work fine on both with 1414 cube sets. It make's the pano sharper, just a bit, when zoomed in and I see no difference in smoothness. But these are simple panos, no hotspots or anything else. But as noted, it does have issue on iPad3 with cube alignment.

• Hi,

is the viewport of your main html page unscaled?

I mean that settings in the main html:

Code
    <meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" />

I ask because when not - iOS will scale the page by itself and that is inaccurate for cube faces display were the edges need to join exactly. As 'workaround' for this situation and html5rendermode=2 krpano is slightly scaling the cube faces for a slight overlapping to avoid visible edges. With html5rendermode=1 (the default) this will not happen. If you want to show bigger images with html5rendermode=1 you need to increase the 'hardwarelimit' setting, but I will not recommend that, iOS is often swapping some internal tiles in- and out when the memory gets low.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!