Current prerelease, cube edges off on iPad3

• Using the 1414 cube face size and display render mode 2 it seems the cubes faces bottom to 4 sides especially, do not quite align on a iPad3. The same 360 seems to be fine on a iPad2 - this is all in GoodReader. Have not checked this in Safari.

• Why do you use rendermode 2

It is not necessary on iPad 3 and actually I found that also iPad 1 works fine with them as it automatically down samples them ( with IOS 5.1)
    I just done a tour which was supposed to use 1024 for iPad1+2 and 1414 for iPad 3 but I forgot to ad the device settings so until now it uses 1414 for all.
    Rendermode 2 does not work with iPad 1 and 2 if you have hotspots and it will even affect the smoothness on iPad 3 if you have hotspots in the pano.

Hans

• I've tested it on iPad 2 and 3, render mode 2 seems to work fine on both with 1414 cube sets. It make's the pano sharper, just a bit, when zoomed in and I see no difference in smoothness. But these are simple panos, no hotspots or anything else. But as noted, it does have issue on iPad3 with cube alignment.

• Hi,

is the viewport of your main html page unscaled?

I mean that settings in the main html:

Code
    <meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" />

I ask because when not - iOS will scale the page by itself and that is inaccurate for cube faces display were the edges need to join exactly. As 'workaround' for this situation and html5rendermode=2 krpano is slightly scaling the cube faces for a slight overlapping to avoid visible edges. With html5rendermode=1 (the default) this will not happen. If you want to show bigger images with html5rendermode=1 you need to increase the 'hardwarelimit' setting, but I will not recommend that, iOS is often swapping some internal tiles in- and out when the memory gets low.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!