HTML5 Distortion of Interface Graphics (in overlay popup)

• Hi Folks,

Having problems with the iPad (iOS 5.1.1) version of a tour for a client. The tour opens in an overlay popup. For some reason, the nav button pngs are ugly and distorted (on desktop, when I directly open the graphic online and zoom in on Firefox browser from 100%, I observe the same distortion). They look OK on desktop version. Desktop and tablet versions use the same source xml.

Furthermore, there is a mystery 1/2 pixel space between the bar and the bottom of the tour window. In the xml, align="bottom" is set as it should be for the bar graphic.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and/or any obvious reasons why this may be happening? I've got a feeling it's something to do with the zoom level in the overlay but not really sure.

Thanks as ever,

Malcolm

• Hi,

this is pano embedded as iframe into an other page? (it seems so)

When this is happing, the Safari browser is rendering the embedded iframe page at a different size and then scaling the whole page by itself down and this will be inaccurate and can results in such alignment problems.

A solution would be rendering the outer page already unscaled with 1:1 viewport mapping. Then the embedded iframe will be also correct. To do this add this viewport setting to the main outer html page:

Code
    <meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" />

But note - this will affect also the size of all other elements on your page.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!