"Moveto" performance

• Hi,
    I’ve made an "autotour" pano using some "moveto" action. While the actions are performed, the pano shows some flickering. I've tried to set the "display" options to LOW (movequality10="LOW" movequality="LOW") but the back-forward or hang effects still happen here and there.
    You can see the pano here. Click on the "Visiter la scène" button to start the tour.
    What are the options that I can set to resolve these issues?

Thanks for your help.

• Amazing panorama man!

Just a thought. Are you using any updatecalls? I haven't looked at the xml file, but since its an autotour you probably have on-done calls and maybe accidentally set it as an updatecall - which comes with this ominous warning

• WARNING - use with care! when heavly used this can reduce the rendering performance!

My krpano knowledge is limitted but that's where I would look first.

• Thanks for your answer.

pan2view :
    I did not use any "updatecall". You can have a look at the XML here.
    Just some basic "moveto" actions.
    It's the first pano I wrote, so I had no idea how to manage the different movement.
    Do you think some "tweening" would smooth the camera movement?

klaus.krpano :
    I've added the argument you have suggested and it seems that the pano works better. Still not perfect.

Thanks again for your help. Very much appreciated.

• Hi,

I noticed you said above that you tried it on movequality="Low" , but in the xml link it is set to high. If you've already tested on LOW then I'd recomend reducing the cube face size or doing it in multires.

Otherwise this is the advice:

movequality10="LOW"

movequality="LOW"

Or try it with "High", but your still image quality is so high anyway I suspect you'll have to go to low. It will not look as nice but it will be smooth and the audience does not focus in on a moving image so you get license to let the quality slip during panning. It should bump back on on pause and it won't be noticeable.

Also since the movements is fairly slow, it may well be fine on the "High" setting.

Yaz

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!