Multiple panos on one html page starting before they are viewed?

• I have multiple panoramas on one html page, managed by a filmstrip viewer called "jalbum". This works perfectly. As you change filmstrip to a new pano it appears and the xml executes a start sequence of splash screen, and an initial move of the pano. e.g. http://www.gentles.info/KAP/Gallery/Pano2011/index.htm. I have many pages like this, they all work.

However when I create a new page for 2012 the xml appears to execute the start sequence on all panoramas simultaneously, so when you change the filmstrip the panorama already has gone through its start sequence. e.g. http://www.gentles.info/KAP/Gallery/Pano2012/index.htm

The only difference between these pages is that the new (not working) panorama page uses paned-panoramas, older (working) pages use un-paned.

The html is like this:

The xml is like this:

Any help would be appreciated!

• Interesting lateral thinking - thank-you!

Tried a re-boot to clear the cache, still got the problem.
    However I have identified that it does work with Safari, IE, and Chrome, it's Firefox that seems to be the problem, other browsers behave the same for all pages.
    Problem is this could be Firefox and krpano OR Firefox and jalbum. I also read other threads on this forum about Firefox support...

Problem closed (but not fixed *smile*

Thanks
    James

• I see. That code looks really messy. Its does look like it should be working broken like you see in firefox.

For every thumbnail is has

Code
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../../krpano/swfkrpano.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
    	    var swf = createswf("../../krpano/krpano.swf", "krpanoSWFObject", 700, 400, "#285078");
    	    swf.addVariable("xml","caledonian-corpach.xml");
    	    swf.embed("krpanoCC");
    	  </script>

Where you only need one script to swfkrpano.js in the entire html..

And on each thumbnail you only need a onclick="swf.addVariable("xml","san-gabriel.xml");swf.embed("krpanoID");"

Or SOMETHING so that it does not embed until you click the thumbnail.

• Thanks for the comments:

First, you are correct about the swfkrpano.js. This should be included once, and makes the code better. Its 2 years since I wrote this - poor excuse!

Your second point suggesting the use of onclick.
    jalbum interpretes this code and handles all the filmstrip user interface, so I dont think onclick will work. The structure you see is presented as a <li> structure that jalbum interprests and displays as the filmstrip. This means if jalbum cannot run then the images appear as a bullet list, not pretty but at least the page can still be viewed.

I have tested moving the "script" into <head>, it's better code - but the original firefox anomoly remains *sad* .

James

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von james (1. Juli 2012 um 15:30)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!