You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jeromebg

Professional

• "jeromebg" started this thread

Friday, July 13th 2012, 11:12am

Video embed

Hi, I managed to embed small videos in a panorama in flv with alpha channel :
http://www.360images.fr/haras/index.html?pano=video.xml

Now I would like to do the same for ipad (guess it wouldn't work on iphone as it always opens video fullscreen ?).
Does anybody has the trick to achieve this ?
It looks that h264 doesn't support alpha channel, krpanojs doesn"t support mask...

Thanx for your ideas !

Friday, July 13th 2012, 3:35pm

You can do it in video post. Export a matched section of the panorama and use it as the background for your video.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

jeromebg

Professional

Friday, July 13th 2012, 3:59pm

Thanx sacha, brilliant idea !
Am gonna try this, what would be the best way to export a section of the pano ?
A snapshot from browser, export rectilinear from ptgui ?

By the way, still any solution to play video no fullscreen on iphone ?

Thanx again !

Friday, July 13th 2012, 4:43pm

I was afraid you were going to ask me this. I'm pretty sure I exported from PTGUI. I don't really like working from screen shots. Actually, I guess its not that hard. Just open up your 360 and use control points.
This was what I made when I was done.

http://www.seeit360.com/upacblythewood?id=9

Nah, with iphones, its an ios limitation.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

jeromebg

Professional

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 11:59am

Ok, I did it with the new "perfect pixel alignment" method and it looks allright.
One more problem now, I have dotted lines on left and right borders of the video on ipad ???
I used the 1.8.14 and 1.8.15 and it's just the same...
Any ideas ?

http://www.360images.fr/haras/mobile.html?pano=video.xml

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 4:45pm

I don't know. I can only seem to think it must be in your video file itself. I set all the parameters to default it it still shows.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:21pm

Great stuff!!

i would like to see some more info on the workflow here.

cheers
Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

jeromebg

Professional

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 12:54pm

Thanx for lokin sacha, I checked the video and there is no lines, I tried to play it with the flash videoplayer version and it works all right, I guess it's the "perfect pixel alignment" that is the problem...

Tuur, this is how I tried to make it :
I did the pano with a tokina 10-17 on a D800, then just changed the lens with a nikon 24-70 to shoot the video.
For the flash version I used the alpha channel to make the video borders fuse well with the pano (with after effects)
For the ipad version, as it can't read flv files I exported a part of the pano as an rectilinear image from ptgui (see perfect pixel alignement tutorial from klaus) and used the image as a background of the video (Thanx Sacha for this great idea !) then exported it as a mp4 file and used the perfect pixel method to display it (still have some dotted lines on the borders of the video?)

The most difficult part is to have the same colors-contrast between the pano and the video...
It's my first try, so I guess I'll find the right process soon !

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 1:49pm

Thanx Jeromebg,

Let's give it a go ;)

Merci!

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 10:48pm

I removed all the alignment and the lines, outline was still there. Perhaps it could be related to video size or something else. My video doesn't have those lines on the ipad. It was 856x540

Thanx for lokin sacha, I checked the video and there is no lines, I tried to play it with the flash videoplayer version and it works all right, I guess it's the "perfect pixel alignment" that is the problem...

Tuur, this is how I tried to make it :
I did the pano with a tokina 10-17 on a D800, then just changed the lens with a nikon 24-70 to shoot the video.
For the flash version I used the alpha channel to make the video borders fuse well with the pano (with after effects)
For the ipad version, as it can't read flv files I exported a part of the pano as an rectilinear image from ptgui (see perfect pixel alignement tutorial from klaus) and used the image as a background of the video (Thanx Sacha for this great idea !) then exported it as a mp4 file and used the perfect pixel method to display it (still have some dotted lines on the borders of the video?)

The most difficult part is to have the same colors-contrast between the pano and the video...
It's my first try, so I guess I'll find the right process soon !

jeromebg

Professional

Monday, July 16th 2012, 12:08pm

You're the best sacha !
It was indeed a size problem... video size displayed by windows and photoshop was 572 x 768, but in aftereffects it was 572 x 769... that missing pixel was the problem !

Thanx again, it's working perfect now !

Monday, July 16th 2012, 4:36pm

Cool! Glad to hear it.
Also it might be cool to switch your videos for the ipad so we get to see both!
Also, I don't know if there's a performance issue, but once you run your calculate program for positioning, you can just set those in the xml permanently and remove the action. Tracing out ox oy or etc.

jeromebg

Professional

Monday, July 16th 2012, 7:45pm

Yes, that's a good idea Sacha, I gonna try (something like onvideoready="trace('ath=',ath)" that's it ?)
For now I have a problem, maybe it's my server wich is too slow but when I load the pano on the ipad and click on the play button it's quite long to start and the video is not played completly ???
Any idea on this bug ?

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:45pm

Yes, that's a good idea Sacha, I gonna try (something like onvideoready="trace('ath=',ath)" that's it ?)
For now I have a problem, maybe it's my server wich is too slow but when I load the pano on the ipad and click on the play button it's quite long to start and the video is not played completly ???
Any idea on this bug ?

Works on my end.
Yeah, I guess that would work. I'm not really familiar with klauss new pixel perfect method yet. Looks like all its doing is ath,atv, and rotate so it looks like you don't need rx ry and rz.

jeromebg

Professional

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 12:52am

Ok, did it with the trace function, the perfect pixel method calculates the ath, atv, rotate and width (with "prop" for height, I didn't knew this feature !)
Instead of setting the width and height (as I didn't knew if "prop" would work) I calculated the scale with the originale width and the calculated one.
It's working all right, but I still don"t know if it's better for performance ? anyway it's much longer to do !