Google Nexus 7 Tablet

• Awesome, Klaus! This little tablet is really cool, but without my panos it's only a toy. A fun toy though. :)

At $200 I think the Google tablet is going to be VERY popular. I know several people that have them already, including a client. I'd probably have more clients with a Nexus if they weren't sold out everywhere.

Ed Fink
    http://BigEyeInTheSky.com

• Hi, The new version of Krpano is great, and very much appreciated. I recently purchased a google Nexus 7 for demonstraion purposes and my panos still wont work. They are loading only one cubeface at a time and the rest is black. Does any body know a work around for this.

Thanks

• Hi,

that's a bug of the current Android Chrome Browser,
    workarounds are not possible,

the current Android Chrome is 'Chrome 18' and the desktop 'Chrome 18' had the same CSS 3D bugs,
    'Chrome 20' on Desktop was the first Chrome with working CSS 3D support, so maybe when there will be one day also a 'Chrome 20' (or higher) on Android, then maybe this bug will be fixed...

at the moment I would recommend to report that display error to Google (in the Chrome settings menu there is a button for that), so that they can think about fixing that problem,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for your reply. I installed Opera and firefox and they both cant really handle the 360s very well on the Nexus 7. Opera is still looking for flash and Firefox loads all 6 cubs faces but rotation is painful.

Thanks again.

• I know this is an old thread but I wonder if anyone can provide me some information how to get the gyro working with the Nexus.

The panorama works great but the gyro option is not available. The gyro option button is available on the ipad however.

Thanks.

• Hi,

the gyro plugin is disabled by default for Android in the vtourskin.xml, because the Android browsers are still only providing very bad gyroscope values.

See this line in the vtourskin.xml:

Code
    <plugin name="skin_gyro"  ... devices="html5+!firefox+!android" ... />

To allow using it on Android anyway, remove the '+!android' part.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!