Load images optional from separate R,G,B files

• That will be good for anaglyph.

Say instead of

set(hotspot[%1].url,'image.jpg');

to be able to use also this
    set(hotspot[%1].R.url,'imageR.jpg');
    set(hotspot[%1].G.url,'imageG.jpg');
    set(hotspot[%1].B.url,'imageB.jpg');

However this may be seen as very low interes but will be useful to switch from regular to anaglyph, for example.

thanks,

Dorin

• Yes I think I can do that but then I'll have

1)Hotspot GB 32 bit
    2)Hotspot R1 8 bit + 8 bit transparency
    the above will make the regular image
    then
    1)Hotspot GB 32 bit
    3) Hotspot R2 8 bit + 8 bit transparency
    for the anaglyph image

As I already have 30 hotspots for a stitchless pano will be not practicall to multiplay then, let alone that the transparency will may not work as I want (not tested yet though)

Think is better for me to have the cubefaces generated on the fly by server and build them as regular or anaglyph from data files for separate channels, and feed them to webpage/krpano so on.. as an alternative..

I'd love this request implemented if it possible :)

cheers,
    Dorin

• Hotspots have a "blendmode" attribute. If you set the blendmode to "add", you can do exactly what you want; since your anaglyph pair consists of two images, one of which is GB, and the other is R, adding them up will get you (anaglyph) R+GB.

• Thanks Aldo,

Then I'll have 30 cubeface GB plus 30 cubefaces R1 and, for switch, another 30 cubefaces R2. That makes 90.
    The pano then starts to pan slowly, and the memory requirement is huge.

For example this has "only" 60 cubefaces Warning! is a large download
    http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/victory-…_p=7.43_f=47.00

If this request will be implememnted for switch I only load R2 file in .r channel or even better, if possible, make channel R1 invisible and show R2.

At the end I'd like to add another reason for this feature in the case of anaglyph. The usual colorspace for jpeg files like JPEG_YCbCr is great as gives you great compression, but as we know the jpeg compression is pereceptive compresion based on color aproximation. In anaglyph that could have the result for certain color information to go from left to right and viceversa when a file is saved as jpeg, i.e. we'll have gosts. To fight with that I'm using another colorspace JPEG_RGB but that lead to much less performance in compression and the files are even more increased in size, as you may experience at the link above.

If the channels are separate in files, regardless of the compresion there will be no contamination from Left to Right and viceversa.

cheers,
    Dorin

Edited once, last by DorinDXN (July 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM).

• Ah, now I see what you mean. What you need/want is a custom plug-in that loads multiple images into a single hotspot. The anaglyph blending would happen inside the plug-in, and could be cached as a single bitmap so you have the performance of a single hotspot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!