How to Modify a Droplet?

• Hi

How is it possible to recreate a MAKE... droplet?

The truth is that I don't really need to do that but it would be nice to know how. That is to disassemble one and put it back together again.

All I really need at this stage is to duplicate a droplet and point it to an alternative config file, suitably amended for alternative requirements.

• I do not know about the Windows versions but on Mac you just right click and choose "Show Package contents"

Then open the content folder and choose Resources/Scripts/main.script

In the main scripts modifye the path in set templatepath to templatepath &

Another way is to make a set of templates with the original name and keep them in folders with your special name.
    When you want to change you just drop it into the template folder. Use the color labels on both folder and config file and you always know where it belongs.

Of course color labels is a Mac thing as far as I know. One of this very simple things which makes MAC-live so much easier than Windows.

Hans

• Windows is the same. Just .bat files you can open and edit. They're commandline calls to kmaketiles, ktransform and kpreview (https://krpano.com/tools/kmaketiles/) Those files however, can't be edited (as far as I know), I'm not even sure what type of files they are (C?)

But could edit those .bat files so they for example auto upload to ftp on complete or move to folder, zip and email, or whatever you can think and do with windows.

• If you open the .bat file with a text editor, you can see the template that it uses. You can make various changes in both the template as well as the .bat file itself with the text editor.

You should notice there is a templates folder as well as a single template outside of that folder. That single template usually has all of the available settings displayed there. The templates in the template folder usually only have the settings required to create a tour to the specific purpose it was created for. Hope that makes sense.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!