Imageadjust from fieldOfView plugin issue

• Hello there

I am just starting playing with krpano and needed a way to adjust brightness.
    I am sorry I can't show this thing online yet (publish in the forum) but, Aldo, if you're around and can help, I can PM you the link.
    I have been fiddling around using your sample files to get what i need done. Learning a lot. But I am stuck now on some things.

setup:
    I have a main xml and 3 other xmls for different multires panos
    One of these 3 is loaded with include at the load of main one.
    I have a "plugins" folder at same level as main xml.
    In this plugins folder I put:
    imageadjust.swf
    textfield.swf
    imageadjust-ui.xml
    white.jpg

I added keepplugins() in loadpano in main xml so the sliders etc are kept when loading the other panos.
    In main xml:
    <plugin name="imageadjust" zorder="0" url="plugins/imageadjust.swf" enabled="true" saturation="0" hue="0" />
    <include url="plugins/imageadjust-ui.xml" />

I modified imageadjust-ui.xml to show only brightness slider, change the range and did a few things.
    See the xml file attached.

I get 3 issues:

-first one not important but the log says:
    WARNING: unknown action: showcode
    I tried to delete the call in action "imageadjust_settings" from imageadjust-ui.xml and it doesn't seem to change anything… no more errors and no visible change.
    Is it ok to do this?

-second one is important:
    When I choose a brightness, as soon as I click anywhere, or drag, the brightness goes back to original (but the slider stays in position). Idealy I want of course the brightness setting to stay on at all times, even when i load another pano.

-third one is annoying but survivable:
    When moving the slider to adjust, if I mouse up while above the slider the text brightness = xx stays for 2 seconds. Good.
    But if I mouse up after having moved outside the slider the text is only brightness and the =xx is gone. Any way to keep that in any case?

-last, not an issue but feature request, what about game adjustment?

Thanks a lot
    Greg

• FOUND THE BUG

Tried to erase actions and events one by one from my xmls and finally found out the culprit
    Here are my display settings

<display fps="60"
    details="16"
    movequality="LOW"
    stillquality="HIGHSHARP"
    flash10="on"
    movequality10="LOW"
    stillquality10="HIGHSHARP"
    />

stillquality10="HIGHSHARP" is the problem maker
    The image adjust is lost as soon as the image is clicked or dragged
    sliders stay at their position but it is like enabled become false.
    Then clicking on a slider brings all back.

Setting this to LOW, it works and adjustments are kept while browsing the pano.

I'd like to use HIGHSHARP, though but sorting this out in the source is out of my league.

I reproduced the same behavior just adding these display settings to the xml of the example with the plugin.

• For your first issue, you can simply remove the "showcode()" line in the imageadjust-ui.xml. It is something left over from another example for another plugin. Thanks for reporting that.

Unfortunately, the plugin is simply not compatible with HIGHSHARP.

Finally, you can just click on the slider "thumb" to get the value. If you click (without dragging) the value should not change.

• Aldo,

here is the setup where I wanted to use you ImageAdjust plugin.
    These paintings are so dark by nature that on screens that don't display shadows well you end up all seeing black.
    So the brightness and contrast sliders, limited to a range of 0.20, give the possibility to the viewer to adjust.
    As I could not use HighSharp and only Low, I reduced the max zoom in at 0.8 to have good sharpness.

Great! Thanks a lot for your fantastic work!

Caravaggio paintings of San Matteo in San Luigi dei Francesi, Roma

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!