my ftp has 5000 files per folder limit, my panos 65536 files in one folder!

• I have a problem with my host that limits the number of files per folder to 5000.
    In some panos I am trying to upload (I tar them locally then upload the tars and de-tar them via ssh), I have folders with up to 65536 jpeg files (for level 7 of a 80000x90000 pixels image).

Can I manually reorganize by sub folders the existing panos, staying in the 5000 limit, and modify the xml manually to have this reorganization effective for the viewer?

Or do I have to reexport all my tiles using specific settings (I have to search on that now for the future anyway)

Thanks

• I didn't realize this was in the feature request section.
    I guess it should not but I was on another old thread and I was proposed to create a new one as that was too old, and I just did it.
    Anyway, if a mod could move that somewhere more appropriate...

I did some research and found out that I can config the kmakemultires for what i want, and remake the whole things.
    That is a pain to remake and reupload but hey, trial and error... I'll get there some day.

I have been making all this until now using Panotour that we bought months ago so I could start somewhere from scratch.
    From that I modified the xmls to get what I wanted using krpano documentation.
    Now if I have to make the tiles also and everything I won't use Panotour anymore I guess *wink*

Panotour apparently exports tiles as xxx_yyy.jpg
    Here is my largest pano, that is a recording of a flat painting.
    top level is level 8: 89344 jpeg files from 0-0.jpg to 255_348.jpg So I guess it has 256 columns and 349 rows am I right? Tiles are 356x356.

If I want to make sure that not a single folder created by kmakemultires contains more than 4998 jpegs then...
    In fact it is probably the best to just create a folder per column, that way I will have 256 folders and 349 jpeg files per folder.
    I can use that as basic setting even for smaller panoramas and that gives me some room as I cannot imagine yet reaching 5000 rows ... that would mean a 5000x356=1,780,000 pixels high image. As a square that would be over 3 Terapixels image.
    The setting proposed in kmakemultires.config for large images does exactly what I describe, does it? see below a copy of it.

# * note - for very large images organize the tiles in more folders to keep the
    # number of tiles/folder low for a better server performance,
    # tilepath example for very large images:
    # tilepath=%INPUTPATH%/%BASENAME%.tiles/l%Al/[code=c]/%Av/l%Al[_c]_%Av_%Ah.jpg

• Hi,

The setting proposed in kmakemultires.config for large images does exactly what I describe, does it? see below a copy of it.

# * note - for very large images organize the tiles in more folders to keep the
    # number of tiles/folder low for a better server performance,
    # tilepath example for very large images:
    # tilepath=%INPUTPATH%/%BASENAME%.tiles/l%Al/[code=c]/%Av/l%Al[_c]_%Av_%Ah.jpg

almost - that settings creates a folder for each row (../%Av/..),
    to create a folder for each column use - %h - e.g.

tilepath=%INPUTPATH%/%BASENAME%.tiles/l%Al/[code=c]/%Ah/l%Al[_c]_%Av_%Ah.jpg

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!