You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 13th 2012, 6:31pm

180 Panorama on mobile device

Hello,

I am now making a panorama and hope to see it on iPad/iPhone (HTML5 version).
But I only wanna show 180 degree cylinder panorama photo instead of a 360 degree sphere panorama photo because the photos I have can only make 180 degree panorama.
By the default droplet making panorama for iDevice, the one I can make is the 360 degree sphere panorama and the edge I miss is in black.

So is there any method and how to make it to show only 180 cylinder panorama?
I have read the documents but I doesn't fully understand how to make it. I am quite poor in coding.

Hope there is someone help me. Thank you!

Monday, August 13th 2012, 6:35pm

Hi,

try extending your 180 image to 360 in an image editor,
then use the droplets to build the pano,
and finally limit the view manually in the xml by setting:

Source code

<view limitview="range" hlookatmin="-90" hlookatmax="+90" />

the same was done here in the html5 version of the partial pano example (included in the viewer package):
http://krpano.com/examples/10815/example…artialpano.html

best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 10:12pm

Hello. I am having issues with this as well on my iPad. I tested your link with the user agent set to iPad on safari, and it works perfectly. So I thought something was wrong with my view tag. I copied yours from partialpano.xml, and pasted it in my project over my view tag, and it does not limit the horizontal movement - only vertical.

Here is my xml file: http://pastebin.com/ZN6TTi8V

Any guesses to why this isn't working? Thanks

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 10:50am

Are you using 1.0.8.15?
The horizontal viewing limitation for HTML5 was introduced first with that version.

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 10:26pm

Nope. 1.0.8.14. Thanks!

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 10:37pm

So I'm using the tag as I posted above, and with the new version the horizontal limits still don't have any effect. :(

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 11:16pm

Ah.. works with lookat opposed to range