Irregular shape mouseover/handcursor problem for floorplans

• Hi Folks,

I have an interactive floorplan. When mouse is directly over a room, the room should lighten up and handcursor should appear. In this state, the room can be clicked, thereby loading a new scene.

The plugin "room1mouseover" which triggers the handcursor is a .png of 1% opacity, made in Photoshop. The obvious problem with the irregular shape of the rooms in the map is how to make the trigger .png layer accurate to the borders of the room. I don't want the handcursor to appear when the mouse cursor is not over the room (this is currently happening). It has to be very accurate. I understand .pngs have to be saved as rectangles.

Is my only option to build multiple rectangular-shaped .pngs (which can be rotated in the xml) to cover the area of the room? With the example red room below, this would require coding and positioning of up to 6-7 different .pngs which seems very cumbersome. Some of the other rooms have curved edges.

Any creative workarounds for this?! I looked into masks but the problem is not visual, it's about that handcursor being triggered.

Thanks as ever,

Malcolm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!