showtext and textstyle

• The textfield plugin got an update with 1.0.8.15, but I was wondering if showtext action could get an update too?

I love to see margins/padding on tooltip text. Now the background is tightly against the text. Also I'd love to see more html and css in the showtext action. Hovering a hotspot, showing an image with a description (this is possible with textfield plugin and some action, but like to see this native with showtext()).

Actually, <textstyle /> seems a bit unnescesary now. Most of the properties seems to be available in textfield. Isn't a tooltip not more than a floating textfield with edge detecting and perhaps a fadetimer? Most of the stuff would be possible with a onover onout fade in a textfield plugin. I'd rather see something like showtext(layer[textfield]) or showtext(data:html, data:css) or by keeping crosscompatibilty: showtext(data[code=html].content, DEFAULT_TEXTSTYLE) and extend texstyle with a css property

I'm not sure what would be handy. But I think this way you would keep the code base of the tooltip and textfield about the same and give us extended tooltips. What do you think? *thumbup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!