• Hello,

I recently discovered an issue with the HTML5 player on my site.

First of all, I realized that something was not working when I tried with Chrome on my Xoom tablet in Android 4.0. I had the Flash error message. I updated to the latest version of krpano and Javascript files. The Flash error disappeared and the pano is now rendering in HTML5 in Chrome. However, the rendering is terrible. It moves only up and down and displays a lot of black.

Anyway, I chalked it up to Chrome not supporting this very well yet in Android. However, I had someone try it on a new iPad in Safari, and there as well, movement is limited to up/down, but no left and right (although tiles are not missing there).

I also tried in Safari on my Mac desktop, forcing it to identify as iOS, and the result is the same. I am positive that the HTML5 version worked very well previously on this panorama, including iPad and Safari desktop.

What can I do or look into to fix this? I updated to 10.0.8.15 and used the update tool to update the krpano files, and replaced them all on my website, including the other JS support files and license file.

is there anything else I should have changed, settings that need to be updated for the new version?

Thanks.

• No limitations on the panning. The settings for that pano haven't changed, only updated to the new version. It worked fine before, and it still works fine in Flash.

• I found the culprit.

I had this in my XML settings, in the <view> tag:

hlookatmin=""
    hlookatmax=""
    vlookatmin=""
    vlookatmax=""

Those settings have been in there for months and were not a problem for previous versions, but they are now apparently.

So with those removed, the panorama is spînning freely in HTML5/Javascript. However, Chrome on Android 4 is still displaying huge empty black zones while moving around. I know that its support of CSS3D is not great. Is that result to be expected or another wrong setting?

• Hi,

Those settings have been in there for months and were not a problem for previous versions, but they are now apparently.

the hlookatmin/hlookatmax settings weren't be supported before 1.0.8.15,

However, Chrome on Android 4 is still displaying huge empty black zones while moving around. I know that its support of CSS3D is not great. Is that result to be expected or another wrong setting?

see:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html5/#androidchrome

best regards,
    Klaus

• I've read that part, however, that doesn't really describe the issue or allow you to figure out if what you are seeing is normal or not, especially since the following sentence says that everything else is working correctly and with good performance. If there are giant clipping black empty spaces, I wouldn't say that anything is working correctly.

• I wouldn't say that anything is working correctly.

Everything that is not affected by the CSS 3D display, that means all plugin/layer elements, normal hotspots, the controlling, the loading, the xml and the actions should work already correctly in Android Chrome!

But okay, I will try to describe to it better that the CSS 3D isn't working in the current Android Chrome.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!