Issue with video for multiple devices

• Hi everyone

Firstly, (well, this is my first post), I just wanted to say thank you to klaus for all the amazing work building and maintaining this software. We are huge fans of krpano and really enjoy using it to create a range of interesting virtual experiences.

Right now I have to make this tour work for all desktops and mobiles (android and iOS 3+).
    I've read almost every resource online I could find concerning krapno and iphone compatibility (this post is really a last resort), so I'm totally stumped what is casuing the problem. What is the problem you say?

The tours work fine on all devices, but the videos don't seem to play on iphones or itouchs. They just sit there and don't play when triggered. I have followed all the iphone compatibility stuff - video encoding, code, etc - to my knowledge. The xml for the video plugins and their button trigger is:

<plugin name="firstscreen"
    url="interface/first.jpg"
    devices="all"
    align="center"
    visible="true"
    height="85%"
    width="prop"
    keep="false"
    zorder="999"
    onclick="set(plugin[firstscreen].visible,false); plugin[Flyin].play(); plugin[Flyin].seek(0); set(plugin[Flyin].visible,true); set(plugin[Flyin].zorder,998); plugin[Flyinmobile].play(); plugin[Flyinmobile].seek(0); set(plugin[Flyinmobile].visible,true); set(plugin[Flyinmobile].zorder,998); set(plugin[SKIPVID].visible,true); set(plugin[SKIPVID].zorder,999);"
    />

<plugin name="Flyin"
    url="videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="videoplayer.js"
    videourl="fly.mp4"
    devices="desktop|tablet+!iphone+!mobile"
    align="center" x="0" y="0"
    visible="false"
    loop="false"
    width="100%"
    height="prop"
    volume="0.0"
    pausedonstart="true"
    buffertime="0.1"
    onstart=""
    onvideoready=""
    onvideocomplete="set(plugin[SKIPVID].visible,false); set(plugin[Flyin].enabled,false); action(loadpano1);"
    onunsupported=""
    />

<plugin name="Flyinmobile"
    url="videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="videoplayer.js"
    videourl="mobileflyin.mp4"
    altvideourl="mobileflyin.mp4"
    devices="mobile|iphone|android+!desktop"
    posterurl="flyinposterurl.jpg"
    align="center" x="0" y="0"
    visible="false"
    loop="false"
    width="428"
    height="320"
    pausedonstart="true"
    fullscreen="true"
    buffertime="0.1"
    onstart=""
    onvideoready=""
    onvideocomplete="set(plugin[skip vid].visible,false); set(plugin[Flyinmobile].visible,false); loadpano('lambton_quay.xml',null,MERGE,BLEND(1)); "
    onunsupported=""
    />

<plugin name="SKIPVID"
    url="skipvid.png"
    align="centerbottom"
    visible="false"
    onclick="action(loadpano1); plugin[Flyin].stop(); set(plugin[Flyin].visible,false); plugin[Flyinmobile].stop(); set(plugin[Flyinmobile].visible,false); set(plugin[SKIPVID].visible,false);"
    />

The first screen triggers a desktop video and a mobile video, and each of these videos is set to only display for the right devices. When the 3d fly in videos finish, they load the corresponding scene. Anyone who is looking into this issue, please try testing the link on your desktop and mobile if possible.

I know in theory it's possible for me to get these videos playing inside the tours on iphones and itouchs iOS 3.1 +.
    They play fine in Safari with User Agent set to iphone/ipad/itouch so I am stumped.

Please help me figure out this little technical issue and complete the tour!
    Happy to provide any further information / code

Kind regards and thanks in advance to everyone

Alex

• Thanks very much for that. I must have read that page 20 times but all I saw was 'works for iOS 3.1 +'. My mistake, everything is explained now. Testing on an old itouch obviously won't make the videos work! (but the tours still look beautiful, on any device)
    Cheers!

• Hi again

Further to this tour and since updating to the 1.0.8.15 viewer (and recompiling), we now get an error msg even though the command is actually working:

WARNING: unknown action: plugin[flyinmobile].seek
    WARNING: unknown action: plugin[flyinmobile].play

This error didn't used to happen, have these commands been removed from the new viewer? Interestingly though they still work, but they force the error dialog to open. Even setting showerrors="false" in the <krpano> opening tag doesn't seem to be able to remove the error msgs from triggering every time the second video from the second scene is triggered in this tour (red ani hotspot in Lambton scene).

What am I missing?

Cheers

• Hi,

just see your onclick call - your are calling 'plugin[Flyin].play()' AND 'plugin[Flyinmobile].play()' but only one of these elements in defined - see the devices settings!
    And when calling something that is not there, that warning will be shown.
    The 'showerrors=false' setting will only disable the opening of the log on error, but not remove any warnings or errors from the log itself.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!