HTML5 in Chrome not working

• I thought Chrome should work with the new viewer after disabling Flash but I just get an error on the XML when I do it.
    The XML itself loads without errors. Is this something to do with the new security thing for offline. I thought that was just about flash.

This is on Mac with latest Chrome.
    It says Network error XML Httprequest exeption101

In Fireworks it loads fine after disabling flash but the panning quality is not at all as good as in Safari.

Hans

• Hi,

see the notes here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html5/#chrome

Notes for local testing - Chrome doesn't allow reading local files for security reasons by default. To enable that for testing add --allow-file-access-from-files as application parameter.

on Windows normal Shortcut to Chrome need to be created and there that parameter added,
    Mac user can have a look at that script here:
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/objectiv…uc/6_coUhGwGi4J

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Just tried the app you linked to but it does not work. Same error.

I have no idea how to do this manually.
    To enable that for testing add --allow-file-access-from-files as application parameter.

BTW I have also just tried the new Pano2VR and it has same problem. It just makes a popup with the error instead of a black page.

The Google Chrome Local app has no effect.

Hans

• If I understand the new autodetection correct it should work if you just update the swf and js files.

What I do not like though is that using the HTML5 will set some large restrictions on the resolution.
    In my cases I now have cubefaces of 1524 - 2590 - 4403 or I may use 1600 - 2400 - 3600 etc

This is based on the fact that 80% of the users do need 1500 to 1600 for the initial load. It has cut my download and bandwidth usage down from 8-12mb to around 3 for most panos .

I used to use 512-1024-2048-4096 which means that all users actually downloaded the 3 first levels.

However as you seems to cut of HTML5 for everything above 2200 you do not get any zoom at all and fuzzy panos for larger screen sizes unless you provide some special 2200 cubefaces for HTML5 desktops.

I can see that Firefox does not do very well on Mac on larger than 2200 but I guess that Safari and Chrome could take at least 2600. I checked Pano2VR and it performs well at 2600 but 3600 does not work good.

Hans

• Hi,

Just tried the app you linked to but it does not work. Same error.

Was the Chrome browser fully closed when you started that App?

I have no idea how to do this manually.
    To enable that for testing add --allow-file-access-from-files as application parameter.

I will try to provide more and detailed instructions (or maybe an own App).

However as you seems to cut of HTML5 for everything above 2200 you do not get any zoom at all and fuzzy panos for larger screen sizes unless you provide some special 2200 cubefaces for HTML5 desktops.

you can increase that limit by the hardwarelimit setting, this will also affect the selection of the multires level:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#display.hardwarelimit

best regards,
    Klaus

• You are right. I had not closed it down completely before using the app.

I have tried up to 4300 and it seems to work fine but you need to load the full pano first.
    And the problem is that the multiresolution does not work so you will always load the largest available below the limit even if the screen is small.

• Really large difference between browsers on this 4300 size HTML5. Chrome is superior, after fully loading its smooth even in full screen size on my iMac 27" Even during loading it pans fine.
    Firefox loads very slow and after fully loaded the tiles are jumping when panning.
    Safari loads faster but has jerky panning. Can not see any difference with or without Webgl.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!