bing map throbbing

• Hi Klaus
    Thanks for the new interface, very elegant!
    But
    I'm having problems controlling the Bingmaps which enlarge and contract like a drunkards liver.
    I have the licence installed as instructed and am using a conventional 2 button mouse with centre wheel on a mac running snow leopard. The slightest touch on the centre wheel causes the map to vanish into itself.
    Are there any other ways to zoom in and out of the maps? none of the usual keyboard methods seem to work. I need to get these basic things working before delving into hotspots etc.
    Any suggestions welcome!
    JL

• Hi,

thanks for the report!
    I noticed that problem too in the meantime - it's only on Mac and I think only in Chrome and Safari...

The problem seems to be that the Openscales engine (the 'engine' that was used to display the map) has it's own Javascript mousewheel handling code and this seems to be buggy or interfere with something other...
    I will check that soon in detail and try to fix it.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus
    Thanks for looking 'beneath the bonnet'.

I have tested 3 different mice - msoft, dell and kensington and they all behave in the same way.
    Chrome seems immune but Safari seems to be the main culprit on macs.
    I tried my win7 emulator but the licence does not seem to be recognised by VMWare

I look forward to a solution!

Thanks

JL

• Hi,

look in the 'vtourskin.xml' for the 'skin_map_androidzoom_in' and 'skin_map_androidzoom_out' elements - these are map zoom buttons for Android Flash (because there no touch zooming is possible).

You could remove or modify the devices setting from these elements to use them also on other devices for map zooming.

Btw - the Bing Map Mouse wheel zooming problems were already fixed for the next release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!