Gyroscope plugin works on Android 4.x

• Hi everyone!
    I want to know who checked and on what devices with gyro (not iOS) Gyro plugin work?
    I know that in the description of this plugin only for support on devices with iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), but nevertheless, yesterday happened to notice his work on the device to Android 4.0, with a few caveats *whistling*
    The device Motorola RAZR (XT910) - in the native browser when running, but with an eerie strobe motion! The installed chrome works smartly and smoothly, but the pan, as you know, showing slices *wacko*
    This may mean that it is not only working on the iPhone, and so, I was happy this little news!
    Share your experiences!

ps: Waiting for updates Сhrome browser with full 3d rendering of CSS!

Panoreal — to make and see this wonderful world! *whistling*

• Hi,

right, the Gyro will work in the HTML5 viewer on Android too,
    but the rotation values that the Android browsers are currently providing are very 'irregular'...
    (the same effect can be seen also in all other html5 gyro demos)

it might be possible to improve that by filtering the gyro values, but here more complex filters are probably necessary to be used, a simple average filter seems to introduce a too big latency when effectively reducing the shaking...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Would not be bad! I understand that can works of ideal is not possible on all devices, but still, where he worked, it is a very nice bonus! I personally, just because of that already want to buy iPAD for presentation :)
    As I said, in Androd chrome browser, Gyroscope on Motorola razor works smooth and
    fine! Not counting the fact that the panorama of works shown in this browser so far, single sides of panorama cube)

Thank you!
    *thumbsup*

• Hi,

no, no news or changes here, I have tried some approaches but without success...

btw - the Gyro plugin is open-source:
    https://github.com/fieldOfView/kr…/gyro.source.js

if you want you can already try to find ways to 'filter/correct' the buggy/bad values from the Android browser...
    (btw - in my tests, the gyro values in Chrome are also not fully correct on all devices)

e.g. start here at the 'handleDeviceOrientation' event:
    https://github.com/fieldOfView/kr….source.js#L181
    and try to filter or correct the 'alpha', 'beta' and 'gamma' values from the 'event' object.

best regards,
    Klaus

• Well, isn't that a nice thing to do...
    (note: they are not required to share their fixes, but it would have been nice)

Unfortunately, yes! Do not share in the future, too!) they are some native monopolists, trying to stand out and be different from the competition, not competitors with similar functionality. Policies and of course theirs right!
    All hope for you! *tongue*

• it works fine on Android for these guys, custom gyro.js:
    http://open-ua.com/kiev_region/mezhigorie
    But not public, and encrypted.

I have analyzed the gyro.js there now - that's 1:1 the original and unmodified gyro.js from the krpano download package!

It is encrypted, but that will not change its functionality.

Does this example really work different compared to other krpano gyro examples for you (by using the same Andoird browser and device)???

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I have analyzed the gyro.js there now - that's 1:1 the original and unmodified gyro.js from the krpano download package!

Klaus, you, as always, right! *thumbsup*
    I just checked, works the same from the krpano download package.
    Test information, I checked on my old device: Samsung Galaxy tab-2:

• Boat browser and androidstock for my device -- work and active gyro (same work but not smooth view for all: with or disabled gyro plugin)
    • Chrome and Opera -- not work, not active plugin (button not visible in original vtourskin, same work for .../mezhigorie).
      on other browsers not tested

Sorry for the false alarm! Still works smoothly only on iOS devices *sad*
    PSs: Klaus, tell me please how best to will try a adjust settings for androidstock and other browsers for smooth view (without gyro *wink* ). It's a display hardware settings? And of corse I understand that for all the devices it is impossible...
    Thank you all!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!