How to get GFX outside the area of the pano

• Hi,

I read that you can set graphics outside the AREA of the pano, but I can't get it to work. Below are examples of what I am after, what I got, and the code.
    My intention is to have a windowed scene, with graphics and menu buttons around the scene window.

Here is an image example of what I am after:

For the next image, I tried setting all of the graphics to parent="stage", then setting the area to 60% x 60% for what I hoped would be the window for the panorama.... i got this:

Here's the code for that:

Thanks,

Tony

Edited 4 times, last by nefar1ous (August 23, 2012 at 7:02 AM).

• Well, so far it seems that the plugins must be defined privately within a scene to be placed outside the pano area. Trying to define them globally wasn't working... if that's possible it would be nice to learn how. I also noted that I couldn't get the logo plugin to function (be visible) if I used percentages for either the XY coords or the width / height properties. Is there a workaround for that?

In the following code, I didn't use the global option for creating plugins, then added the logo plugin within the scene tags, and it now works. But I was hoping to define the menu globally, rather than require a scene to be active.

• So far I can confirm that plugins for BGLAYER and STAGE don't seem to display unless they are created within a scene. Using them Globally has no visible effect. I can work around this, but would prefer they could be used BEFORE a scene became necessary.

Now my biggest problem is trying to figure out how to get percentages for the plugins to work. As of this moment, only scale, and xy integers work... I can't use x="5%", y="2%", or width="100%" height="prop" anymore. In order for my background and external (STAGED) plugins to scale, I need to determine how to scale and position them in some way to make sure they resize for all browsers. I did have scaling working before I attempted to attach plugins to the STAGE.

Any suggestions?

THanks!

Tony

• Hi nefar1ous,

I´m facing the same problems right now and trying to find some workarounds. I think until Klaus fixed this problem it may work using the onresize-event. Something like this should do the trick:
    onresize="set(w,get(stage.width));div(perc1,get(w),100);mul(perc1,get(perc1),40);copy(plugin[menu_plugin].width,w);"

This would calc 40% of the stagewidth and copy the value into the plugins width. Maybe you need to work with "pixelsize" here in order to get the proper values.
    I would be nice, if you could inform me how things going *smile*

Best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi,

Well, so far it seems that the plugins must be defined privately within a scene to be placed outside the pano area. Trying to define them globally wasn't working...

So far I can confirm that plugins for BGLAYER and STAGE don't seem to display unless they are created within a scene. Using them Globally has no visible effect.

there should be no problem with defining elements outside <scene>, but you need to use keep="true" for the <plugin> element to avoid that they get removed when the scene itself will be loaded...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!