• I have "lost" my original files and now need to produce the full cylindrical image from the tiles, there are approx. 1,500 tiles.
    Is there an easy way to Re-assemble the image from the tiles ?
    Or am I stuck with manually building the image back up in Photoshop Layers?

• Thanks, this "looks" like what I am after, BUT having tried to follow this many times I always end up with
    "ERROR: invalid or bad argument:" followed by the path to the file that is 3rd from the last file of the input tiles.

I created a droplet by editing the Make Pano (Flat) droplet, changing kmakemultires to kmaketiles, and creating a config file which points to my xml script file which reads

<krpano version="1.0.8">

kmaketiles l4_%00v_%00h.jpg retiled.tif 0 -insize=93395x11485 -intilesize=873 -inindexbase=1

</krpano>

I need a complete idiots walk through guide to doing this, can you point me to a full step by step guide to this?

I am not really sure what I should be doing with this.

• Hi,

you need to call the kmaketiles tool manually from command line!
    No xml or droplet or config involved

Windows:

1. start the command line (cmd.exe)
    2. go to the folder of the krpano tools (cd /path/)
    3. call the kmaketiles tool and use absolute paths to the images:

Code
      kmaketiles c:\pano\tiles_%v_%h.jpg c:\pano\merged.tif 0 ...

Mac:

1. start the Terminal
    2. go to the folder of the krpano tools (cd /path/)
    3. call the kmaketiles tool and use absolute paths to the images:

Code
      ./kmaketiles /pano/tiles_%v_%h.jpg /pano/merged.tif 0 ...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus, I could not get this to work on the Mac, I followed your instructions but I keep getting an error - from Terminal Window OSX 10.6.8

Code
    jeff-starleys-iMac:krpanotools jeffstarley$ ./kmaketiles /LiverpoolFromHopeStHotel.tiles l4_%00v_%00h.jpg /pano/merged.tif 0 -insize=93395x11485 -intilesize=873
    ERROR: invalid or bad argument: 0

I then tried it on Windows 7, again following your instructions - SUCCESS !!!

I do not know what is wrong in my Mac Terminal syntax, can you see where I have gone wrong? it is driving me crazy, it should be so simple.

Jeff

• Hi,

a blank/space is the separator of the arguments!

so when the filename contains blanks (like in your case the blank between "tiles" and "l4_.."), the whole filename must be placed inside quotes, to let the operating system pass that filename as one argument,
    e.g.

Code
    ./kmaketiles "/LiverpoolFromHopeStHotel.tiles l4_%00v_%00h.jpg" /pano/merged.tif 0 -insize=93395x11485 -intilesize=873

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!