• I'm trying to use the thumbbar in various locations within the software, so there are 7 or 8 panos and about 50 individual images that you can call up from bing maps. There's a map with a bunch of points of interest. When you select a map marker, a relevant image is shown. On the image there is a photo icon. Quite a few of the locations have multiple images that I'd like to give the user access to, and if they select to see them by clicking over the photo icon I'd like the thumbbar to come up with images relevant to that point of interest. If they don't select individual images within a few seconds I'd like to run through them automatically.
    So I want to do two things:
    1. use thumbbar in 40-50 locations to allow the user to select more images that they can see as well as the 'default' image that comes up
    2. set up a folder with a bunch of sub folders - one per point of interest - to allow someone to drop any number (up to say 10 ) jpgs into that directory, and have thumbbar figure out how many images are in the directory and display them.

Having tried it, the first issue is that you have to tell thumbbar how many images there are - that would be OK if I can put a file in the subdirectory and put a number in there, so an XML file with an index statement would be fine, but someone else should be able to change that and the images in the subdirectory with the app picking that up automatically. The files can be numbered say 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, and the last one could be say 4last.jpg if need be.

Another issue seems to be that once you've set up the thumbbar, it continues to live, so maybe the best way to use it would be to create one and then just to replace the images?

Any thoughts/help much appreciated

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!