You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 2:42pm

The lightbox and the ipad and some javascript please.

Hello,

Here's the thing I'm fond of using a lightbox rather than a link to open a tour in a new window. This is great on desktops and it hides the url of the pano - I've long given up hosting the pano files on the client server because it makes them go all funny in the head.

The problem is that a lightbox is bad for a tablet pc and even worse for mobiles. What I would like to do is embed a bit of java-script along with the lightbox link which will disable the lightbox when accessed on any mobile / tablet devices (I'm using fancbox - but I'm happy to switch if necessary).

So far I've understood that it may be done with screen-size, but if it is possible to detect the device like krpano seems to do so effectively then I guess that would be better. The problem I'm having is not the choice of method but I don't know how to write the script myself. So if possible could someone please direct me to a website where I can copy a working example or maybe one of you guys could be so kind to write it for us? Kluas?? :)

Many Thanks
Yaz