You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HansNyb

Professional

• "HansNyb" started this thread

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 2:01pm

BingMaps Keys trouble

I signed up for a Bing Maps account and try to get a key but the terms of use are impossible to read. I just get a white page.

It may be a Mac problem. I am using Chrome, Safari just refused me from creating the account.

I do not really understand how this works. The create key needs me to give a name on the application but URL is not needed.

That does not match what I see in the KRPano documentation where it says that you can set up the map for different keys with different domains.

Hans

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 2:33pm

Hi,

yes, there might be browser problems when using the Microsoft Bing Maps Key page, when I remember correctly, I also had to use the IE to register for the key, Firefox had some display errors...

About the Bing Maps key itself - the Bing Maps key is not domain limited as the Google Maps key, the key is per 'Application' in Bing terms. So it would be possible to use a key on several domains.
The krpano Bing Maps documentation shouldn't mention anymore that one key is for one domain - or?

But I think when delivering panos with Bing Maps to a client, then it would make sense to create a new seperate Bing Maps account for that client and generate a new dedicated key for him.

Best regards,
Klaus

HansNyb

Professional

• "HansNyb" started this thread

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 5:42pm

Thanks for the explanation. So I assume that I can interpret "Application" more like Client or case and generate different keys. I was not aware that I could generate more than one key per account.

Hans