BingMaps Keys trouble

• I signed up for a Bing Maps account and try to get a key but the terms of use are impossible to read. I just get a white page.

It may be a Mac problem. I am using Chrome, Safari just refused me from creating the account.

I do not really understand how this works. The create key needs me to give a name on the application but URL is not needed.

That does not match what I see in the KRPano documentation where it says that you can set up the map for different keys with different domains.

Hans

• Hi,

yes, there might be browser problems when using the Microsoft Bing Maps Key page, when I remember correctly, I also had to use the IE to register for the key, Firefox had some display errors...

About the Bing Maps key itself - the Bing Maps key is not domain limited as the Google Maps key, the key is per 'Application' in Bing terms. So it would be possible to use a key on several domains.
    The krpano Bing Maps documentation shouldn't mention anymore that one key is for one domain - or?

But I think when delivering panos with Bing Maps to a client, then it would make sense to create a new seperate Bing Maps account for that client and generate a new dedicated key for him.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!