changing paths in the template

• I have a large number of panos I want to put up on my site so I thought it was a good time to dig into the templates. Mostly it seams pretty sensible.

One problem I am having is when I change the destination path of the XML it does not update the path to the tiles. If I change the orginal path in multires.config (krpanotools 1.0.8.15) from

xmlpath=%INPUTPATH%/%BASENAME%.xml

to

xmlpath=
    %BASENAME%/krpano/xml/%BASENAME%.xml

it does as expected and creates the directories and puts the xml in the directory but the xml is still pointing at the tiles as if they were in a local subdirectory not where I defined they should be in multires.config.
    ie the xml is looking for the files in

<cube url="foo.tiles/mres_%s/l3/%v/l3_%s_%v_%h.jpg" />

rather than

<cube url="../../foo.tiles/mres_%s/l3/%v/l3_%s_%v_%h.jpg" />

Is there another place where I can define the path to the tiles for the generated xml?

Another unexpected behavior I noticed is that when I changed the path to the xml the path to the generated HTML changed as well even though I did not change it in multires.config . The HTML seamed to follow the XML even though that was not the path set in the multires.config.

The reason I am organizing it this way is for quick modification later. I wanted to have a directory of just my xmls so I could use a batch editor on it if needed rather than digging through directories finding them, modifying them and then putting them back in the correct subdirectory. I also want all the files looking at the same interface graphics and krpano.swf so I can replace one file and have all of my panos on the site take advantage of the latest version.

• Hi Greg,

i think you should also edit the xml template that is read by the droplet config.
    You can do that also with the html file that is taken by the droplet.

For global interface things i have a global skin map and i made the xml template (that is used by the droplet) point to that folder for code (skin.xml) and graphics.

so then you just put a pano on the droplet and take the tiles map to transfere/upload.
    When not in standardisation of tile size you probably also have to get xml for just that info.. like tile size etc..

Hope it helps.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Thanks for your response Tuur.

The problem in changing the path is that I can not see how you change the path to the tiles in any of the sources xml. There is very little data in the templates/xml/default.xml file

Code
    <krpano version="1.0.8.15"[PARTIALPANO]>		<include url="skin/defaultskin.xml" />		<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" maxpixelzoom="1.0" [VIEWLIMITS]/>
    	[PREVIEW]
    	[IMAGE]
    </krpano>

You are right, I can point all image xml to a global xml to make changes to everything (I am already doing that) but if it is possible my preference would be to also have the ability to make batch changes, ie if I only wanted to change half the images at a later date or something like that that.

• Sure, Thanks for taking a look Klaus,

Edited once, last by gregdowning (September 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM).

• I have a similar problem and can't get my head around how to solve it.
    I want the files to be created in the local path as common, but want a different path to be written into the XML.

The code I use here works perfect for the customimage-tiles

But whenever I try to alter the tilepath, the batch processor tries to write the files to this path which of course won't work when the path is to an external server.

So to explain it again, what I want is to keep the tilepath for the creation of the tiles as given here, but the path written to the XML should be different.
    How do i do this?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!