• I have been trying to find out what the new tools are doing for setting up the Bingmap.
    The video jumps over this option pretty fast , means it does not say anything at all about it,
    It took me a lot of work before I found that there are some skin actions that automatically can ad it all after adding the lat/long to each scene.

However everything was far from the correct place. I tried both Bing and Google generators but both did the same.
    '
    Then I discovered this:
    <spotstyle name="DEFAULT" url="vtourskin_mapspot.png" activeurl="vtourskin_mapspotactive.png" edge="bottom" x="-5" y="-8" scale="0.5" />

This is the defaiult code for the markers. This must be a bug. They are displaced by -5 and -8
    Resetting them to zero placed them correctly.

Hans

• Hi,

This is the defaiult code for the markers. This must be a bug. They are displaced by -5 and -8 Resetting them to zero placed them correctly.

I have to say that would be strange...
    Are you using different spot images?

that code:

Code
    edge="bottom" x="-5" y="-8"

is to define the 'anchor' point for this default spot image:

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Must say that I do not know what was wrong. I can not reproduce it. It was the default tour from the tools and I had not done any editing at all to the skin.
    Actually I later found that the displacement was as much as +50 which does not make sense.

I changed it all to my own spots with center alignment and x=0 y=0 and they came in place.

Hans

• Hi,

you can check the alignment by zooming in the map - the spot should always point at the same location!

But note - the maps images itself aren't absolutely accurate everywhere and in very zoom step - e.g. one zoom level can show satellite images, where the alignment is correct, and then there can be at a higher zoom level, images from a plane or helicopter which were shooting from a different angle and have a 'slightly' different alignment... but this is something that can't be changed.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!