Fullscreen for tour in iframe lightbox

• I have a client who is embedding my tours using iframes in a lightbox that pops up when the user clicks a thumbnail.

Unfortunately, it appears that fullscreen does not work on HTML5 (Flash is fine) because the HTML version goes full screen by filling its viewport; with frames, this means the iframe defines the viewport, not the parent page.

I am wondering if it will be possible to support iframes in HTML5 by using the DOM to move the krpano div to the parent page for full-screen mode when an iframe is detected.

Or should I just suggest that my client avoid frames?

• If you are talking about HTML5 on desktop wait for the next version. Klaus has promised real fullscreen in HTML5 and that works fine from iFrame in Chrome and Firefox and Safari.
    See my examples using another viewer in the NEWS for version 15.
    iPad is another case which may be a problem. Even if it should work according to the specifications it does not.

Hans

• Hi,

If you are talking about HTML5 on desktop wait for the next version. Klaus has promised real fullscreen in HTML5 and that works fine from iFrame in Chrome and Firefox and Safari.

Yes, the next release (almost ready now) will support the 'HTML5 fullscreen API'. With that it's possible to let an html element (like the pano) be displayed in fullscreen mode, and that element can be also inside an iframe - more details about that on release.

iPad is another case which may be a problem. Even if it should work according to the specifications it does not.

iOS doesn't support the HTML5 fullscreen API and so far I know, there is also no specification that says, that iOS should support it...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the info, everyone!

Sacha, I should be more clear: the client is embedding iframes on his own domain. He is using a lightbox to display the tour and could not figure out how to use embedPano with the lightbox yet, so he is using iframes instead. I think the lightbox is fine for iPad, but he already has a mobile version that always displays full screen for iPhone.

It would be nice if Apple supported the full screen api on HTML5.

Klaus, thanks for the continual improvements. I was using js version 1.0.8.14 and saw that there were some glitches with Apple's new landscape full screen mode on iPhone. I was about to start a thread about the issue, but thought I should check if there were any updates first. It was already fixed in 1.0.8.15!

• Google JavaScript detect iframe . I think it's if parent != _top.
    Or view source on my website.

sorry but i don't understand. i load my pano in a wordpress site. So i have insert code to get a switch:
    - if you visit my site with desktop dispositive you'll see the vt on iframe with flash krpano viewer;
    - if you visit my site with mobile dispositive there will be a redirection on the server where the vt is hosted.

but how can switch?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!