Ignore map and hot spots while jquery popup is activated

• I have a jquery popup that is activated and fills in a div with the necessary things, although there is now a huge problem: My map in the background still responds to touches even though the popup is over it. How do I ignore the map while the popup is activated? Many thanks.

• I'm saying touches because I'm using iOS, but in my code it's analogous to clicking. Thanks, so I have any given hotspot on my pano but NOT on my map that opens up jquery popup.

Don't mind the blurry stuff just because I'm not permitted to show a lot of stuff as of yet, but the first image shows the map which I can touch to shrink and grow or touch a hotspot to warp to another pano. The second image is my jquery popup. You can see the map behind it, which is fine, but if I touch (or click) this popup and the map is behind it, the shrink/grow and hotspot functionality still happens. Also when I try to click close, the map will shrink or grow and the close functionality will be ignored. Basically, this popup is active, I need to ignore the functionality of the map!

In my main tour html file I have divs that have my tour display inside of it:

<div id="container">

<div id="panoDIV" style="height:100%;">
    <script>
    embedpano({target:"panoDIV",swf:"virtualtour.swf"});
    </script>
    <noscript>
    <div id="tour">
    <object width="100%" height="100%">
    <embed src="virtualtour.swf" width="100%" height="100%" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>
    </object>
    </div>
    </noscript>
    </div>

</div>

I've tried to end propagation by running code in a javascript file like this:

$(document).ready(function(){

$("#panoDIV").click( function(event) {
    event.stopPropagation();

});

});

And I've tried different div names. When I tried an alert message it's not giving me that, and I'm not even checking if the popup is open, so it should work before then but it isn't. So even if I test to see if the divs are even clicked with alert it won't respond.

• Hi,

on iOS you would need to stop the touch and gesture events and not the down/up/click events for your html element.
    btw - maybe try doing that with the normal addEventListener() functions for the both event phases than using the jQuery functions...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!