HTML5 parsing error

• hi,

just joined in with the latest version (1.0.8.15-2012-08-10) started with individual panos both turned out compatible flash/html5 in a glimpse,but when I try the vr tour droplets no luck the ipad version fails with a parsing error
    error on line 54 at column 34: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

Code
    if(startscene === null, copy(startscene,scene[0].name)); loadscene(get(startscene), null, MERGE);

I've looked through the examples but I'm stuck without a clue, any help much appreciated

best,

mickael

• Hi,

have you changed anything in the xml?
    the default xml files should work of course...

when modifying the xml files, then the xml syntax rules are very important - the Flashplayer is very tolerant to xml syntax errors, but the html5 browsers are not...

best regards,
    Klaus

• thanks for the quick reply,

no it is untouched, dropped 5 equis on the vtour droplet (or the multi) and when I'm disabling plugins in safari it spits that error, going through the whole process again right now so I can upload a perfectly fresh and untouched copy.

untouched result straight after the droplet can be seen here http://mediaquarium.com/el/vtour/tour.html doesn't parse on iphone or ipad

thanks for any help

Mickael

• Hi,

okay, that's a new and unexpected (but simple) problem:

A filename of one of your pano images was containing a & character, and such characters are not allowed by xml syntax. In the xml it would need to be replaced by & to display a &.

See in the tour.xml at this line:
    <scene name="scene_2 Lounge Bar & Salon" title="2 Lounge Bar & Salon" onstart...

and replace all & characters by &amp;.

I wasn't aware about that problem, but in the next release the & characters will be automatically replaced by the tools.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!