Global Control of XML Attributes, Possible?

• I have a set of panos that are for a particular area. You click between them to go to various places (from the front door to the living room, etc.) basically your run of the mill virtual tour.

I have it set up so I have 1 SWF file, 1 HTML and 1 JS file, then there are a bunch of XML files and Tiles for the panos.

I want to be able to globally control the onover, onout, onclick and url attributes of my hotspots so that I can change all of them at once instead of re-creating them whenever I have an update. Basically I need to have a JS file that interprets the hotspot and says "Oh you're a click-through hotspot, those have attribute A and Attribute B and onclick they do Function X and Function Y." That way I can categorize them by type and if I want to update all hotspots of a Type A I can do it globally. I have things like Click-Throughs, Points of Interest, Emergency Info, etc.

Is this possible with the basic krpano package? I'm very rusty with Javascript; I know how to get the hotspots to call JS functions for simple things and I know how to embed the SWF and select a specific XML to load but that's about it.

Thanks for your time,
    -Steve

• Build your xml in php or asp to make organizing this kind of stuff easier.

Hmm If I was doing this for a website I would just use PHP and do things a lot differently but I want to be able to put this on a disc and share it with people; that's what's making it so hard :( I do have access to Silverlight (never used it but a friend in the IT dept. does).

• Then use an include for xml, then you can change out the contents of what the actions do on the fly.

Oh okay, so I can basically reference a single XML from within each of the other XML files? That would help a lot.

You'll have to bear with me, this is my first time dealing with krpano; I've done a little procedural PHP and some basic javascript but that's it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!