Problems with auto rotate

• Hi everyone It may sound silly but since I have downloaded the new version of Krpano the autorotate is giving me some problems.... *cursing*

Before I use to have a very smooth effect but now it is always a bit fragmented,
    Does anyone know why, I really need a solution pretty urgently as my client is waiting for some virtual tours.

Here belowe is the autorotate function I use.

Many thanks

Daniel

<autorotate enabled="true"
    waittime="1"
    accel="1"
    speed="4.0"
    horizon="0.0"
    />

• Hi Klaus that is strange...... have you ever encounter such problem before?

I will try making some more and see how they come, and I will let you know.

Many thanks! was the code I wrote right?

• My customer has been complaining about this for some time about the autorotate that it is not smooth. I have the following code:

<autorotate enabled ="true"
    waittime="1.5"
    accel ="1"
    speed ="7"
    horizon ="off"
    tofov ="NaN"
    />

The only thing that I changed from the previous is the screen size. Once I make it to full (100%) or fullscreen, the jerky motion is more predominant. In a smaller screen, the motion is quite smooth. Is there any correlation?

Here is a pano for reference:
    http://www.fotobubbles.com/tours/agra/hotelclarksshiraz/

• Hi,

The only thing that I changed from the previous is the screen size. Once I make it to full (100%) or fullscreen, the jerky motion is more predominant. In a smaller screen, the motion is quite smooth. Is there any correlation?

Of course there is a correlation!
    Larger screen size = more pixels on the screen = more pixels to calculate = more CPU power is needed

Btw - this setting in your html, also can reduce the performance a lot:

Code
    viewer.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

See here for more details:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html/#wmode

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the reply Klaus!

Also, I am using display parameters as follows:

<display fps="60"
    details="16"
    tessmode="-1"
    movequality="BEST"
    stillquality="BEST"
    flash10="on"
    movequality10="BEST"
    stillquality10="BEST"
    stilltime="0.1"
    showpolys="false"
    />

Do we need to tweak these to make it more smoother?

• Hi,

as most important setting - change the wmode setting back to 'window' or remove it totally from the html!

About the display settings - using HIGH instead of BEST can also improve the performance a bit and there should be no visual difference.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!