You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 1:17am

autorotate, yes or no?

Probably the wrong forum, but what's the consensus regarding starting a tour with auto-rotate vs the confused viewer staring at a static screen. We know what to do, but does average surfer know?
Bill

http://astimegoesby.us Personal family history back to the 1800's

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 1:22am

If you don't popup something else, instructions for usage is better. When working on tours, autorotate bugs the shit out of me. I generally default it on because some people just wouldn't know.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 2:17am

I have started using into images just for that reason. Because I also do real estate tours I am in the habit of using auto-rotate because I know the audience, but nicer stuff that has some depth to it looks cheesy when it just starts turning. I guess I could play with delays and a slower rotation. All opinions are welcome.
Bill

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 3:12am

I think the best way is to use a series of non-blocking looktos, for all the focal points.. But it's a lot of work if you have a lot of nodes or don't have a krpano set of actions that can build your autotour flow in an easy fashion.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 4:05am

Hi!
The problem with autorotate is
people looking at the screen and wait until panorama rotating, then click at next pano and wait again *g*
I'm making tours for realty agents and know about this a lot. (they call it video tour, hahahah)
I telling them "it's a virtual tour", the say "yes", and in next moment he call to client and say "we making video tour for you"
I'm tired of fighting with it *smile*

Only way is intro instruction.

Andrey *thumbup*
VRAP - desktop VR content player based on krpano.
Common tasks in one place in one click! Discussion thread
DOWNLOAD for MAC
DOWNLOAD for WIN

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 6:16pm

If only the lottery, then I would make a fantastic VR of my new 82 foot trawler and not care if anyone sees it? Dreams, better then the alternative.
Bill